|Job Ref:||204720049||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Sunbury-On-Thames||Address:||Post Code:||TW16||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:02|
We are currently seeking a Quality Manager for an excellent Aerospace organisation based in Sunbury. The successful Quality Lead must be familiar with aerospace standards and come from a manufacturing background along with having experience of man management. The Appointed Quality Lead's responsibilities are as follows;|
* Lead and host audits carried out by customers, third parties and authorities
* Responsible for documenting customer findings from audits and issuing and managing the non conformances for satisfactory response and closure.
* Devise the internal quality plan based on risk and carry out internal audits in accordance with Company programme.
* Identify gaps relating to audits and implement procedural changes to reflect current practices which comply with regulatory requirements.
* Ensure customer dissatisfaction is documented and the appropriate action taken to ensure non re-occurrence of issues found.
* Devising and implementing appropriate methods of analysis for data related to KPI's appropriate to the business such as internal audits, supplier performance, customer returns and non conformances for continuous improvement.
* Reporting KPI's at appropriate intervals and holding continuous improvement meetings and associated issued actions. Inc FRB, MRB, CAB's.
* Direct the quality team on a daily basis related to prioritisation of tasks.
* Responsible for release of Product in accordance with EASA Form 1 Requirements (CAA Part 21 and 145), FAR 145 and Certificate of Conformity of all products from the business site, including delegating responsibility during absences.
* Achieve and maintain delegated quality responsibility from Customers and where necessary delegate to other competent individuals.
* Produce and submit First Article Reports to customer and check supplier reports
* Monitor and escalate, where necessary, internal product quality issues
* Lead problem solving teams in line with the standard processes to ensure effective corrective action is implemented
* Identifying and developing internal departmental process improvements
* Deliver internal training as defined by the quality organisation
* Actively participate in the organisations Self inspection programme
* Being accountable for the sites Calibration - including cost reduction, frequency reviews etc.
* Lead and performance manage the quality department
* Promote good ethical behaviour in the organisation
* Deputising for the Quality Manager
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003