|Job Ref:||204720150||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Brighton||Address:||Salary:||£7.20/hour||Post Date:||23/10/2016 03:21|
Brighton College has a unique opportunity available for a Cleaning Operative to join the team in East Sussex. The role is a part time, permanent position offering a salary of £7.20 per hour inclusive of holiday pay.|
Brighton College is one of Britain's leading schools. Described as "Britain's most forward thinking school" by The Week, it was named UK Independent School of the Year 2013-14 at the Independent Schools Awards, having previously been awarded the coveted title of England's Independent School of the Year 2011-12 by The Sunday Times.
We are looking for a reliable and efficient Cleaning Operative to work in our busy school based in Brighton. Physical fitness is a key requirement of the role. Experience of the reach and wash window cleaning system is preferred but is not essential as training will be given.
What are the responsibilities of the Cleaning Operative?
- Sports facilities cleaning using scrubber dryer.
- To clean windows in designated areas working from a work plan rota. To include all Main College buildings Prep School, Pre-Prep School and off site property.
- To use the cleaning equipment and materials necessary to carry out your duties in a safe way as instructed with due regard to the COSHH regulations.
- To operate window cleaning machinery in accordance with instructions and within Health & Safety guidelines and to keep such machinery in a clean and safe condition reporting faults to your line manager.
- To comply with regulations relating to security and confidentiality.
- To take appropriate Health & Safety precautions, where necessary, whilst carrying out your duties, thereby ensuring the personal safety of all staff, pupils and visitors.
- Any reasonable management request.
We have the following Cleaning Operative shift patterns available:
- 6am - 3pm three days a week on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 37 weeks per year plus an additional 4 Saturday mornings per year from 6am - 8am and Summer Let turnaround - 5 hours per year (school term-time plus). 8 hours a day with a 15 minute tea break and a 45 minute lunch break (unpaid). £7.20 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay), totalling £7,178.40 per annum, inclusive of holiday pay.
- 6am - 9am two days a week on Monday and Wednesday, 37 weeks per year plus an additional 4 Saturday mornings per year from 6am - 8am and Summer Let turnaround - 5 hours per year (school term-time plus). £7.20 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay), totalling £1,864.80 per annum, inclusive of holiday pay.
Closing Date: 18th October 2016
Why not click 'apply' today? Don't miss out on this opportunity to join one of Britain's leading schools as our Cleaning Operative.
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS