|Job Ref:||204720216||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Plus excellent benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:02|
Scantec Personnel are recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work for their prestigious client in the Preston area. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing design studies and manufacturing designs for Nuclear projects with a focus on mechanical handling equipment.|
The work itself will either be undertaken individually or by managing a small team of designers reporting to the Senior Engineer.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Produce design concepts / layouts.
- Carry out technical risk analysis on designs for CDM compliance and CE certification
- Produce designs that conform to the relevant British and European standards and client requirements.
- Produce and maintain a technical file in accordance with Quality Assurance requirements.
- Ensure that the design addresses operability, maintainability, and safety issues.
- Produce designs that meet with project programmes and budgets.
- Produce design justification reports that demonstrate the design mitigates all technical risks identified.
- Produce a level of information (drawings, specifications, works instructions etc) that enable manufacturing to take place.
- Check drawing details
- Undertake design studies and produce reports on outcome while making recommendations
Qualifications / Experience
- 5 years mechanical engineering experience
- 2D/3D AutoCAD experience
- Inventor experience is desirable
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis