|Job Ref:||204720320||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£18 - £25/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:02|
We are seeking a Structural Design Draughter to join our client in Southampton! Our client is a leading marine engineering design consultancy, specialising in naval architecture, structural engineering, mechanical and systems engineering and outfit engineering. They have operated for over a quarter of a century and deliver services which range from concept and preliminary design to through to commissioning and trials. Due to continued expansion they are now seeking a Structural Design Draughter for an initial 6 month contract.|
As the selected Structural Design Draughter you will join the multi-disciplinary engineering team and produce design deliverables for an exciting range of specialist projects. These may include high performance military vessels, patrol boats, support vessels, large yachts, crew boats and high speed ferries. You will be responsible for producing accurate 2D structural design drawings that are compliant with the project brief and relevant legislation and regulations.
* Produce detailed 2D structural design drawings
* Liaise with shipyards in order to build positive professional relationships
* Directly liaise with clients and customers in order to fully understand their operating procedures and systems
* Ensure adherence with budget and timeframes
* Remain up to date with industry regulations and legislations
* Significant experience in a similar role within the marine engineering sector
* Experience of aluminium and steel construction
* Proficient use of design software, especially AutoCAD and RHINO
* Strong technical ability
* Good communication skills
This is a brilliant opportunity for a Structural Design Draughter to join our client in Southampton. The ideal candidate will be available to travel occasionally within Europe for short periods of time. Our client offers a negotiable rate dependent on experience for this initial 6 month contractual role.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Ashley Clarke on (Apply online only) or email and quote 3090AC, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below