|Job Ref:||204717693||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stoke||Address:||Post Code:||SP11||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:31|
We are recruiting for an Autocad operator to support the busy and developing project division providing HVAC / M&E refurbishment to blue chip commercial contracts/clients. The successful post-holder will be responsible for working as part of the Projects team to produce engineering drawings, schedules and other documents to enable the estimating, building or recording of mechanical, electrical, HVAC and fabric projects.|
The role is a circa 3-6month contract paying an hourly equivalent of up to 25k.
Monday to Friday standard working hours. Based from the Stoke Office.
• Interpret instructions from the Project and Client teams regarding technical production of drawings.
• Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with available drawings and specifications of information issued.
• Complete and comply with all operational site Health and Safety requirements to ensure safe working practices.
• Adhere to published CAD standards in order to produce high quality deliverables; flexibility and adaptability regarding CAD task programmes with respect to both.
• Confirm dimensions are accurate with the proposed initial drawing following scope site visit by Project Manager and Client's representative and amend drawing as necessary and re-issue to Client for sign off and then to PM team to meet the programme.
• All drawings shall be produced on CAD utilising a system totally compatible with the Client(s) system and shall be version controlled to agreed protocols.
• Liaise with customer and FM contacts to resolve any queries on tasks raised.
• Carry out reporting within the system as required, including issue of reports to Project and Client contacts.
• Carry out surveys of UK sites from time to time, and as required, to ensure plans in system are accurate.
• Communicate reliably with the Client ensuring, requests are responded to and problems resolved effectively.
• Liaise with Client, Project Managers, and key stakeholders as required to obtain and verify records.
In the provision of the duties the following should be considered:- industry best practice, client policy on space standards and planning, security, health & safety, use of IT, fire regulations, disability discrimination legislation and the client's initiatives in respect of flexible working.
To operate within an office environment, client buildings and associated grounds.
Ensuring contracts are following the framework as laid out by statutory legislation and client policy.
Some flexibility required to meet specific deadlines/project requirements.
Regular contact with the client, Account Delivery Team and supply partners.y:
The ability to understand relevant legislation and company policies and ensure that space plans are compliant.
This role works within broad client quality, finance, commercial, HR, Operational and HSE procedures and practices that have clear precedents with operational guidance being readily available from the Account Delivery team if needed. It is subject to managerial control and review of results upon completion.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
These are UK standard requirements therefore host country equivalent qualifications/experience applies.
• The successful candidate will be fully AutoCAD software trained and will have previous experience of using AutoCAD software as well as having a working knowledge of software packages.
• Experience of building services AutoCAD design and drawings within FM, construction or related sector.
• Well-developed drawing skills on computer aided design software platforms.
• Higher national qualifications in building services, HVAC, engineering or equivalent discipline.
• Knowledge of Space Management online systems is of benefit.
• Well-developed IT skills across the Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to take instructions or sketches and produce unambiguous working drawings to a high standard of accuracy in an appropriate format, and to agreed timescales.
• Awareness technical regulations and requirements.
• Knowledge and understanding of the design process.
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors. To request further information on our active vacancies please visit our website (url removed)
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer