|Job Ref:||204721763||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hinckley||Address:||Post Code:||LE10||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum Package||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:09|
A Top UK Contractor are recruiting for a Planner to join their Midlands team. The role is part office based at our office East midlands , and site based on projects across the region.
You will focus on:
Preparation of design, procurement and construction programmes using Asta Powerproject for pre-qualifications, tenders and live NA and selecting the appropriate techniques and sequence of events for each project.
* Analysing sites & local environments to determine appropriate logistics solutions and resources.
Using specialist planning computer software, including Navisworks Timeliner or similar.
* Preparing logistics plans and phasing layouts, using Powerpoint and Google Sketch-up.
* Writing method statements.
* Scheduling labour, selecting of major plant and access equipment incl. scaffold schedules, tower crane utilisation and temporary works.
* Attending and presenting at client interviews.
* Preparing detailed working programmes.
* Agreeing subcontractor trade programmes.
* Monitoring progress throughout the construction process, and comparing this with the projected schedule of work.
* Reporting findings, and recommending solutions to recover delays.
* Recording relevant events for potential entitlement claims.
* Using graphical and scheduled media to reflect progress, event impacts and forecasts.
* Liaising with the rest of Project Team throughout the process, making adjustments to project plans as necessary.
* Providing advice and support on the development of specific systems of NA project and activity feedback reports.
* Helping to develop the companies planning processes and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess:
Demonstrable experience in contract and tender planning.
* Ideally Degree qualified, minimum qualification to HNC, HND level.
* Experience in using; Asta Powerproject, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word.
* Knowledge in MS Project and Primavera (preferred but not essential).
* Knowledge and practice in 3D/4D modelling.
* Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment or as an individual.
In addition to a competitive salary you will benefit from excellent benefits and much more.
If you have relevant experience, please apply via the link or contact Michael Hallam on (Apply online only) to discuss.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within two working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer, acting in the capacity of an Employment Agent for this position. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence