|Job Ref:||204718003||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum + Benefits + Car||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:09|
My client has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SITE MANAGER to join their team based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.|
You will assist the Project Manager in delivering key projects safely, on time, within budget and to the required performance and quality standards demanded by the project
* Responsible for compliance with all Site and EHS and Quality policies and procedures.
* Acquire a comprehensive understanding of each project including client expectations from the Scoping Meeting and to deliver the project in line with the project specification and Company expectations whilst optimising opportunities for margin betterment.
* Assist in the creation and subsequent monitoring and updating of a detailed project Gantt chart, short term look-a-head programme and accountable for the creation and maintenance of weekly plan?s.
* Management of the programme to ensure progress is in line with site and Company requirements and expectations.
* Responsible for the production and issue (both internally and externally) of ALL necessary site reporting as required by site or Company procedures.
* Responsible for the creation, updating and subsequent adherence to, project specific RAMS
* Accountable for the control and management of all materials and waste on and off site.
* Accountable for the on-site control and management of all sub-contractors in-line with Company and Site specific procedures and in line with the project cost plan.
* Accountable for the control of all plant on site including compliance checking and regular safety inspections as required.
* Responsible for the attendance of all necessary on-site project meetings e.g. EHS, progress meetings, collaboration meetings, logistics meetings etc.
* Assist in the creation of the project ITP?s and the subsequent inspection of the works to ensure compliance to achieve timely handover.
* Create and manage client relationships both maintaining Company contractual position and client satisfaction.
* Control of and capacity planning of on-site labour and associated plant.
* Cost and risk control of projects (on site) typically of a value between £2m-£6m.
* Control of on-site quality, direct on-site EHS responsibility & accountable for the management of subcontractors
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* You must be an experienced Site Manager / Senior Site Manager for a specialist building envelope / curtain walling sub-contractor.
* Broad technical, system and industry knowledge, including glass handling, working at heights and the ability to read drawings.
* Broad knowledge of responsibilities towards EHS.
* Effective management of subcontractors and plant.
* Financial awareness / understanding, cost control and forecasting.
* Qualified to SMSTS level (CITB).
* Hold current PASMA, IPAF and First Aid certificates
* Awareness of the principles of contract law and how they are applied in practical circumstances.
* IT literate, preferably with knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
* Constantly tries to improve performance ? seen to be reliable in achieving targets set.
* Adjusts the nature of services delivered according to developments in customer needs, expectations and concerns.
* Communicates clearly, persuasively and focuses on fact.
* Team Leadership and People Development: Takes care to give instructions, responsibilities and temporary assignments that are clear.
* Contributes to peoples? learning by transferring all the methods and techniques that are of use in carrying out the task entrusted to them