|Job Ref:||204718112||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North West||Address:||Salary:||£52000 - £57000/annum Car & Excellent Package||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:25|
Senior Quantity Surveyor|
£52-57k + Car & Excellent Package
Our client is a nationally recognised Main Contractor with a strong presence in the North West of the country. The firm have built a solid reputation for delivering quality projects between the values of £5-15m to a number of blue chip clients across various Market Sectors. Although the company take on a range of work, their primary focus is on the: Education, Healthcare, Extra-care & industrial sectors. Turnover for the group stands at £210m, with their construction arm contributing around £150m. Despite their size, they remain family owned and this is reflected in their relationships with clients and sub-contractors, and also means that they go to great lengths to ensure that their employees are offered progression and the chance to grow with the company.
The ideal Quantity Surveyor/The role:
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you should have 6+ years of Main Contractor experience taking commercial lead on projects £5m+. You should be able to manage multiple sub-contractors first hand and should also feel confident in mentoring an assistant/trainee QS on site too. At times you may be required to assist with the pre-construction phase of projects, so experience of doing so would be preferred but isn't vital. As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be reporting to and working under a Managing QS. The role is predominantly site-based, with the option to work out of the head office as and when you see fit. Below is a list of duties you will be required to have involvement with.
* Analysis of tender allowances
* The measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings), for valuations, variations and final accounts.
* Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
* Administering and/or advising on Main Contract and Subcontract conditions
* Subcontract and Design Procurement
* Subcontract payments, variations and final accounts
* Submission of Cost Value Reconciliations
* Preparation of cost to complete
* Cash management and maximisation
* Cash Flow and Turnover forecast
* Provision of standard reports
* Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
Contact - Matthew Carroll | | (Apply online only)