|Job Ref:||204718449||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Salary:||£28373 - £33654/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:32|
Location: HMP Woodhill|
Salary: £28,373 - £33,654 per annum (skills supplement bonus of up to £3000 for exceptional candidates)
Closing Date: 13th October 2016
Interviews: 20th October 2016
Hours: 37 hours per week*
*Flexibility around working hours
Milton Keynes College is working in partnership with HMP Woodhill to put education at the heart of the prison system.
The College have a new vacancy for Curriculum / Programme Manager who will be responsible for the courses that run within our vocational portfolio. This is a varied and rewarding position, which would suit a candidate who has experience in managing a team and driving success within construction and/or vocational programmes. You will be quality focussed and keen to gain experience in further developing our teaching and training provision.
HMP Woodhill is a core local remand prison, with Category A Status. The prison delivers a wide range of programmes from pre entry to Level 2 across skills for life, vocational and employability and personal and social development. We have a vacancy for a highly motivated candidate, with a flexible and can do approach, to manage and teach in the Construction and Vocational area within the education department of the prison. We currently offer Painting & Decorating courses and Kitchen fitting & Tiling courses. We are keen to further develop this area.
Candidates with experience in the Construction Trades / Horticulture would be preffered for this vacancy.
As a successful candidate you will have:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant construction / multi skilled subject area.
- A teaching qualification (QTLS as appropriate).
- Assessor/Verifier Awards (desirable).
- Teaching/training experience in construction or vocational trades areas as well as employability and/or PSD, up-to-date knowledge of these subject areas and employer requirements.
- Understanding of the necessary employability skills required in the current UK economy.
- Evidence of providing high quality effective programmes leading to outstanding success.
- Experience of data analysis.
- Experience of identifying, developing and sharing resources focused on teaching and learning.
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Knowledge of current relevant initiatives within the Offender Learning.
More about the rewards
As well as having 35 flexible days holiday per year you will also get 3 additional days to be taken over Christmas and of course all of the bank holidays. We offer a car allowance scheme "Just add fuel", but if you prefer a more environmentally friendly approach to travel we also offer a cycle to work scheme. As part of the College you are entitled to apply for an NUS student discount card with offers in plenty of local restaurants and high street shops. Child care vouchers are available and of course the option of being part of Teachers Pension Scheme.
To apply for this vacancy please follow the job board instructions below. You will then be sent an email confirming that your CV has been forwarded on to the employer