|Job Ref:||204718935||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North West London||Address:||Post Code:||NW1||Salary:||£26000 - £43000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:09|
The company is one of the UK's leading independent entertainment lighting and rigging providers.|
Our speciality is hiring equipment for use in the Rock and Roll, Concert Touring and Theatre industries, both in the UK and across the globe. They pride themselves on their excellent customer service and high quality equipment.
The team is rapidly expanding and an opportunity has arisen for a confident and motivated individual with excellent negotiating and networking skills. The successful individual will have proven experience within a similar role, and will also be able to demonstrate experience in dealing with factors such as, sustainability, risk management and ethical issues
* Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock/equipment levels.
* Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
* Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
* Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them.
* Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided.
* Processing payments and invoices.
* Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
* Developing a purchasing strategy.
* Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
* Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives.
* Attending meetings and trade conferences.
* Training and supervising the work of other members of staff.
* Giving presentations about market analysis and possible growth.
* Keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future.
* Producing reports and statistics using computer software.
Standard Companywide Responsibilities:
* And other duties as required / authorised by your Line Manager / Line Management reporting line.
* Comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
* Comply with all Policies and Procedures.
* Ensuring work areas are kept in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
Standard Team Leader / Wider Management Team Responsibilities:
* The management team have a shared responsibility to ensure that the company continues to be successful by directing their trams to achieve both Company and Team goals.
* The management team have the responsibility to ensure that their staff have the training and the resources necessary for their role.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
* BTEC HNC/HND in logistics, supply chain management or business studies.
* Exceptional Negotiation skills.
* Professional manner.
* Organised and diligent.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills.
* Self motivated, proactive and dynamic.
Microsoft office - intermediate level word, power point, excel.
* Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
Company Benefits Include:
* Free on site parking
* Healthcare Cashback Scheme
* Private Medical Insurance - Bupa
* 30 days holiday (inclusive of statutory UK bank holidays)