|Job Ref:||204721584||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Bierley||Address:||Post Code:||BD4||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Additional Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:24|
I have a fantastic opportunity for an Experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a privately owned, multi-discipline, award winning Main Contractor. The successful candidate will actively demonstrate our values of quality, integrity, teamwork and innovation. |
• Preparing all costs and estimates for tenders and current projects.
• Ensuring all relevant documentation is maintained and updated as appropriate, monitoring costs of ongoing projects and reporting on their profitability.
• Engage with all stakeholders.
• Establishing client requirements and preparing bills of quantities and estimates.
• Working with the project team to maximise the success of the project for the client and contractor.
• Planning and undertaking procurement of sub contract works.
• Monitoring and managing risks, change and overall project cost control to maximise profitability.
• Accurate reporting of project financial performance.
• Administering main contracts and sub-contracts throughout the works with knowledge of JCT & NEC.
• Carrying out valuation of the contractors and sub-contractors works to maintain positive cash flow.
Relevant experience in a similar role is a requirement along with computer proficiency and strong written and verbal communication skills.
A construction industry related qualification such as an HNC/D or Honours Degree in Surveying is preferable.
Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements is essential.
We are looking for a pro-active thinker who is commercially minded, a strong relationship builder, and a problem solver who takes ownership of a task and sees it through to completion.
Flexibility with regard to work patterns and locations will be an asset as will good time management and organisational skills.
A strong influencer who is able to obtain the best outcome for the business making effective use of the resources available.
A strong team player who is able to set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others whilst remaining fair and approachable at all times.
This is a great opportunity with a growing contractor offering unlimited progression and competitive salary. My client is offering Car/ car allowance / healthcare cash plan / DIS x4 / Child care vouchers / cycle to work / gym membership / pension Scheme Company pays in 3% / millage @ 45p per mile up to 10,000 and 25p per mile thereafter