|Job Ref:||204720893||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||East London||Address:||Post Code:||E1||Salary:||£34000 - £36000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:10|
Job title: Gas Service Engineer |
Salary: £34,000 - £36,000
Location: East London
Job Type: Permanent
This is a fantastic company to work for who are predominantly based in London and the South East. They aim to be the largest social housing main contractor within the next ten years. With large ambitions, they are seeking like-minded people to step in the business to help with this movement. The company has over a hundred years of service to maintenance, new build and refurbishment markets. My client is very financially stable and has recently taken over another business in the Midlands to further strengthen. My client has won many awards for their consistent over achieving on projects and delivery. I believe they are one of, if not possibly the best company at this moment in time in their field.
* Attend service/breakdown calls as directed by the Gas Service Supervisor/Gas Service Manager as per daily worksheet. Ensure sufficient spares are carried in service van together with the necessary tools and equipment to carry out all tasks associated with the role and to avoid call-backs.
* Be able to self-manage and arrange work-loads/schedules if necessary in order to attend to emergency calls.
* Keep up-to-date with technical developments on heating/plumbing equipment such as boilers/gas regulations etc.
* Complete a report for every service/breakdown visit on the PDA provided and send through to office after every job. At the end of every working day call office to ensure all work has been received and closed down.
* To be available at all times via a mobile telephone during normal working hours and during appointed week/s of call out rota.
* Work additional hours where necessary to complete a job, including your participating in the Out of Hours call rota.
* Commission and heat test new heating systems installed by the Company when required.
* Completion of all relevant commissioning or test documentation sheets and certificates and ensures that all systems are left in a safe and secure condition.
* Give verbal instruction on use of Heating Systems and ancillary items to building occupiers/tenants ensuring they fully understand how the controls etc. work and make sure they have appropriate printed instructions.
* Assist in the training and development of trainees/apprentices.
* Have a good all round knowledge of health & safety practises and be able to work in safe manner being responsible for your own, trainee's and residents safety where necessary.
* Be happy to work as part of a team and have good communication skills.
Education, experience and essential:
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity, please call Ryan Oakley on (Apply online only)