|Job Ref:||204720677||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sittingbourne||Address:||Post Code:||ME10||Salary:||£16000 - £19000/annum DOE||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:33|
My client, based in the Sittingbourne area of Kent is expanding due to phenomenal success and are now looking to recruit an additional Trainee Estimator / Scheduler to join their busy team.|
The company is one of the leading manufacturers of pre-cast concrete building materials and has facilities across the South East and Central parts of England with plans to expand further. They supply primarily to builders merchants and the fencing industry as well as construction companies and domestic clientele.
* Your role will be based within the flooring team and will involve producing computer generated flooring layout drawings from building plans received primarily from Architects, an understanding of these would be a distinct advantage.
* The software used for the drawings is bespoke to my client and full training will be provided on this.
* You will also produce schedules of the concrete flooring products. Once again training will be provided.
* In addition you will be dealing with enquiries over the phone and also liaising with clients pre and post order as well as assisting with general duties in the office.
* Produce calculations
* Produce layout drawings and job information based on clients drawings and calculations
* Produce a finished package ready for checking and pricing
* Answer technical queries by telephone on suspended beam and block floors
* Liaise with sales regarding orders received
* Liaise with transport regarding deliveries
* Liaise with clients on site solving problems after flooring has been delivered
The successful candidate would have a good general knowledge of current building practices or an interest in the construction or civil engineering industry as well as strong numerical skills.
* You will also need a very good eye for detail as attention to detail is key for this role.
* Good keyboard skills and a knowledge of Microsoft products and general database use is essential.-The is role is to start ASAP and salary is £16-19k PA dependant on experience.-There may be some additional overtime during very busy periods and this is paid at an enhanced rate.
* - Other benefits include free parking, 25 days holiday, 2 weeks off over the Christmas period, pension and discretionary annual bonus and salary reviews.
* -Hours are Monday to Friday 08:30am - 5:00pm with 1 hour for lunch