|Job Ref:||204720191||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston Brook||Address:||Post Code:||WA7||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:23|
Commercial Manager - Scottish Region|
Year on year our clients presence in Scotland continues to grow and their sites in the area are the pinnacle of cutting-edge design. As such, our Commercial team requires a Commercial Manager to support our Commercial Director and lead a team of talented and dynamic Quantity Surveyors.
Although you will have an office base in our Preston Brook office, you naturally will be expected to travel to our Scottish sites regularly to check progress and support your team.
This fantastic opportunity for a well-established Commercial Manager will include the following duties and tasks;
* Manage and support our Quantity Surveyors.
* To motivate and provide direction to the construction division to deliver quality products within time and financial constraints
* To encourage, manage and develop the commercial department to allow the staff to perform to their abilities, encourage decision making and provide support to those with problems, suggest solutions and implement procedures
* Report punctually and accurately on all financial aspects of the division. Collate and evaluate forecasts and incorporate into monthly reports.
* Recognise and exploit commercial opportunities to maximise returns, or minimise losses
* Vet and authorise subcontract orders
* Conduct management meetings, review budgets, performance, expectations and put measures in place to rectify problems. Praise achievements and encourage as necessary
* To develop business relationships with clients, encourage and promote a positive image of the company
* Monitor the financial progress of a project, promote a positive attitude towards variations, their valuing, encourage regular meetings and an honest up front approach to clients to ensure a fair resolution of accounts and claims
* Review and authorise subcontract payments
* Ensure monthly valuations are submitted by the surveyors within the time frames stipulated
* Ensure the commercial interests of the company are protected. Act to mitigate disputes and resolve these if possible to limit the financial risk to the company
But of course, there will be multiple other duties to get your teeth sunk into so the list is not exhaustive!
To be considered for this fantastic role, we will expect you to possess the following;
* Requiring education/ qualification to a level of NVQ 5/ Post Graduate/ Professional Qualification and/or previous management experience.
* Good knowledge of computer systems including spread sheets and Word
* Excellent contract law knowledge
* Good Building Regulations knowledge
In return for your hard work and commitment, we would look to offer you;
* A competitive salary plus benefits dependent on experience
* 25 days holiday
* Life Assurance - 3x salary death in service
* Simplyhealth Medical Cash Plan Scheme
* Car / Car Allowance
* 6 month probation period