|Job Ref:||204719515||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Harrow||Address:||Post Code:||HA1||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:34|
QUANTITY SURVEYOR - JOB SPECIFICATION.|
Our client are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Quantity Surveyor. As they are a SME the pressure is often on to do the impossible; they base their reputation on a hard working team who in turn deliver a quality product with impeccable service.
The successful candidate would have the ability to meet every challenge head-on and always view it positively as an opportunity to grow as is their company ethos.
As construction technology grows more complex, we are looking for a Quantity Surveyor with a strong knowledge of building science and construction processes. The right Candidates should have strong math and analytical skills, as well as an eye for detail; it is critical that the candidate can read and understand Structural Drawings or all qualities. To help with cost analysis, it is also helpful to have some experience in the industry; and the right candidate will work with the Commercial & Financial Directors to oversee the budgeting and financing on a project.
The right Candidate should have strong communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with team members.
The right Candidate should have a thorough understanding of computers, especially word processing and spreadsheet programs. They should be familiar with and have experience using project management and QS software like Strumis which we use, or other industry equivalents.
Role / Responsibilities
* Enhancing and maintaining good business relationship with internal and external parties,
* Coordination with the different departments towards reaching daily objectives,
* Reporting to the Financial Director & Commercial Director
* Liaising with staff and clients at all levels,
* Actively monitor site progress ; review constraints & pursue, Design Development / Variations
* Daily site walk rounds - measure / monitor progress of works ; identify inefficient working and pursue recovery from client
* Raise Early Warnings ; price implications from first principles and pursue agreement of recovery
* Monitor incoming Site Instructions, action as required and distribute to Team
* Rigorously pursue outstanding Site Instructions
* Attend Client Progress and Design meetings to monitor for Design Development / Variations
* Prepare quotations for Site Instructions from first principles (labour, plant, materials)
* Prepare and submit fully substantiated claims for extensions of time and additional costs where appropriate
* Meet the client on a regular basis to review, negotiate and agree the variation account as the project progresses
* Prepare and submit monthly / regular applications
* Organise vesting visits as required
* Negotiate and maximize interim payments
* Prepare monthly Project CVR report for submission to the Board
* Prepare and submit post contract and final accounts
* Seek quotations from subcontractors for specialist works
* Review subcontract quotations, select best value subcontractor, negotiate contract terms and appoint subcontractor
* Monitor subcontract progress and assess interim payments
* Negotiate final payments to sub-contractors while first ensuring complete clearance of all defects
* Make monthly reports to company management to monitor the cost and profitability of all ongoing contracts on-going cost analysis analysing completed work and arranging payment to sub-contractors site visits, assessments and projections for future work
* It is the companies aim to achieve a working environment which is free of work-related accidents and ill-health and to this end our client will pursue continuing improvements from year to year. our client Supervisors have a responsibility to work safely & raise concerns about product conformity and safety issues
* All our client employees on their part are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving a work environment that is free of accidents and ill health
* our client appoints safety representatives with whom all employees can freely raise concerns with. our client also provides a confidential email Confidential@our (url removed) where any employee can confidentially raise concerns.
Key Skills Required:
- Have good knowledge and understanding of general manufacturing processes in Structural/Architectural steel,
- Have a relevant engineering qualification, ability to read technical drawings,
- Have a good understanding of steelworks and engineering principals,
- Have a good understanding and experience of contracts, with the ability to flag up risks and responsibilities,
- Education to degree level or equivalent (or a high level of experience),
- Strong communication skills,
- Very precise attention to detail
- MS Office skills, highly competent in the use of word processing and spreadsheets
- A level of numeracy commensurate with data analysis,
- Substantial experience in industry analysis and the commercial interpretation of data,
- Be able to communicate in a clear and precise manner,
- Having the drive to succeed at all times,
- Can do, pro-active attitude essential
Numeracy and Literacy skills test will be conducted at interview