|Job Ref:||204717187||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Orpington||Address:||Post Code:||BR6||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:11|
Procurement & Supply Chain Manager (Social Housing)|
My client is a national strategic outsourcing and energy services business, working with customers to combine our services in multi-service or integrated facilities management packages.
They are now looking to appoint a commercially experienced Procurement/Supply Chain Manager to be based in their head office in Kent - ideally candidates will have had experience within social housing refurbishment projects (internal & external).
Purpose of the role:
Lead the procurement and utilisation of strategic group sourcing arrangements (for direct and indirect purchase) to drive down cost, underpin delivery and deliver excellent service levels through:
- Maximisation of group leverage.
- Application of best practice procurement methodologies.
- Establishment of excellent supplier engagement/ relations.
•Lead the procurement of and champion the implementation of strategic sourcing arrangements across group;
•Category Management ? provide effective management (in conjunction with the central Supply Chain Management Team) of all strategic sourcing arrangements;
•Actively contribute to enhancing group profits through driving downcost and mitigation of market increases;
•Protect company entitlement through implementation of agreed commercial framework arrangements clearly setting out the terms and proposals;
•Oversee and manage the recovery of retrospective rebates with regards:
- Setting annual rebate collection targets;
- Promoting rebate arrangements across group to maximize utilisation;
- Ensuring prompt claims application;
- Obtaining timeous cash recovery in advance of critical accounting periods.
- Engage with regional teams to?
provide pre-tender specialist commercial input as required to ensure accurate net cost pricing;
- Support subcontractor procurement by bench marking and interrogating costs to ensure additional contribution opportunities are realized (re-invigoration of cost bench marking database and e-procurement);
- attend and participate in regional Design Team Meetings to influence and steer specifications towards most commercially advantageous products;
- Maintain and publish regular and accurate reportage demonstrating the effectiveness of strategic sourcing arrangements and contribution to the group profit improvement / efficiency plan;
- Monitor supplier / category expenditures and trends.
- Publish regular product availability status reportage.
- Build and maintain excellent supplier relations;
- Participate in establishing the group as the industry leader in Supply Chain Management.
•Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
•Strong industry and sector knowledge - Social Housing.
•Have or be working towards a professional procurement qualification.
•Exceptional negotiation skills.
•Ability to network confidently and build strong relationships.
•Good presentation skills.
•Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards.
•Excellent organisational skills.
•Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines.
•Professional attitude and approach to work.
•Ability to competently operate MS Office (Word & Excel).
•Current and Valid UK driving licence
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging position, please contact Lee McCormack on: (Apply online only)