|Job Ref:||204717186||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tower Hamlets||Address:||Salary:||£16.62 - £20.96/hour||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:11|
This role for a Consultation Officer has been released on a temporary basis for 3 months initially.|
* Arrange and chair resident's consultation evening meetings, including planning the agenda for these meetings
* To ensure leaseholders observations on the standards and cost of goods, services and works for which they receive a service charge are appropriately addressed in a timely manner.
* Assess leaseholder's liability and calculate leaseholders share of charges accurately to enable full and prompt recovery of recharges to leaseholders. Apply knowledge of regulations and the lease to ensure consultations carried out are compliant and robust.
* To prepare Notices required as part of the consultation process, including complex calculations for service charge apportionment, ensuring that deadlines are met for service billing.
* Promote leaseholders offer including one to one interviews either in the office or leaseholder's home as required.
* Ensure all estimated recharges are invoiced in line with procedures to ensure maximisation of income.
* Ensure all enquiries from leaseholders, solicitors, benefits agency and other sections are answered promptly and within statutory times scales to ensure high level of customer care is maintained
* Advise leaseholders on the payment options available, and refer vulnerable leaseholders for assistance through the Money Help and Advice service or other suitable service.
* Work with contract administrators and consultants to ensure that consultation letters and costings are correct and leaseholders are advised appropriately. Advise staff in other services of Section 20 requirements
* Monitor and advise team leader of scheme final account progress. Calculate final account recharges within statutory time limits or serve S20b notices to safeguard recovery of recharges.
* Process applications and correspondence under the Council's discretionary and mandatory capping policy in accordance with government directives and Council procedures.
* Work at flexible times of the day, according to the needs of the service, including frequent evening consultation events and some weekend events. Attend Leaseholder Forums, estate surgeries and neighbourhood offices, and other meetings when required.
* Advise solicitor of disputed major works cases and supply documentation for cases for LVT and court proceedings.
* Deal with complex and contentious correspondence, members' enquiries and Stage 1 complaints.
* Produce monitoring information for Leasehold Management Team and assist the team leader to deliver the annual service improvement plan and key objectives.
* To manage budgets and resources, within delegated authority, in accordance with statutory and audit requirements, standing orders and financial regulations.
You should match the following criteria:
Candidates must have major works consultation, major works calculation and billing experience, and knowledge of S20 consultation legislation and requirements.
To apply please forward your CV ASAP
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website