|Job Ref:||204717147||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ware||Address:||Post Code:||DT7||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:34|
Senior Buyer - Subcontract & Materials / Procurement Manager | Hertfordshire|
£45k-£55k + Benefits
This leading engineering and construction company has an immediate requirement for a Senior Buyer / Procurement Manager to join their team. With a turnover of over £500m, they successfully provide services in the commercial, education, health and civil engineering sectors.
The Senior Buyer for this role will establish, maintain and improve the control and effectiveness of the buying function. You are expected to hold a CIPS Professional Qualification or to be working towards one.
You will be based in one of their offices in Hertfordshire but will occasionally travel to sites and regional offices.
* Liaise with site management on both sub-contract and materials procurement and agree critical programme dates within a procurement schedule
* Send out tender sub-contract and materials enquiries for assessment and use by Estimator / Site Management team
* Manage the return of timely quotations
* Arrange and head up mid tender Supplier meetings
* Analyse responses and recommend suitable Companies for inclusion into our tender submissions
* Review Procurement strategy and agree targets
* Assess the necessity for additional enquiries and analyse Supplier and Sub-Contract quote
* Lead negotiations and close deals (Emphasis on Quality, Programme and price)
* Attend meetings at office or site locations as necessary
* To keep up to date with business objectives and internal policy
* To work in line with the company's HSEQS procedures and objectives
* Minimum 15 years' experience in the Construction industry with 10 years in Procurement
* Fully conversant with the sub-markets in Construction sector in particular Civils and Rail
* Excellent Negotiating skills
* Computer literate and able to work with usual IT packages plus bespoke database packages
* Time Management skills, working to tight deadlines
* Knowledge of common use sub-contract documents including FCEC, DOM, ECC and GC works.
* Flexible and adaptable working within a fully integrated office based department as well as Site based teams
* Extensive knowledge of trades and materials in Civil Engineering and Rail sectors
In return, they are offering an attractive starting salary and comprehensive benefits, and the imminent chance of career progression. They obtained 'Investors in People' in the past (the national standard for training and development based on best practice in the workplace), and the standards have been kept since, as looking after their staff's development is at the core of their business.
If you want to apply for this Senior Buyer role, please email your updated CV and availability or call me NA.
If you are too senior for this role, please feel free to contact me as we have other more Senior Vacancies available