|Job Ref:||204716789||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Egham||Address:||Post Code:||TW20||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum Company car + benefits||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:35|
Mechanical Project Manager|
£55,000-£65,000 + company car + benefits
My client is a £multi-million turnover company supplying high quality building solutions to the corporate, public and private sectors.
They are now looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Manager on a permanent basis to work out of their head office in Egham - candidates will need to be within a commutable distance of Egham as the role will be a mixture of both office and site based projects. Candidates will need to have commercial experience of heating & ventilation systems/boliers & rads covering both commercial and residential projects across London and the SE.
- Oversee and manage the lifecycle of the project or section of a project as set out by the line manager.
- Directing site team (Site supervisor, sub-contract and suppliers).
- Ensure the clients requirements are being met, and maintain client relationships.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly workload commitments are achieved within set timescales.
- Ensure the requirements and quality of the installed works are in line with the specification, drawings and standards.
- Monitor the progress of the works and issuing frequent reports to the client as required.
- Attendance at meetings on behalf of the company either in conjunction with others or individually.
- Attending regular internal review meetings as required.
- Responsible for all matters affecting the financial stability of the project and issue frequent reports to the Project Manager as required.
- Responsible for the procurement of all plant, equipment, subcontractors and labour packages necessary for the works within the allotted spend limits commensurate with this role.
- Responsible for ensuring that all outgoing payments of suppliers and subcontractors are dealt with correctly and in accordance with company procedures.
- Responsible for overall Health and Safety Management on projects, including, ensuring all personnel on site are working in accordance with latest guidance on Health & Safety at works act, including having and using the correct PPE.
- Responsible for co-ordinating information flow to/from the client.
- Provide information to the Project Manager to ensure that all Applications for Payment are compiled correctly in line with company procedures.
- Provide information to ensure that all Contract Variations are captured and costed correctly in line with company procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the staff working for him/her understand fully their role and fulfil the requirements set out for them.
- Begin final account negotiations with Clients and sub-contractors providing all supporting documents for agreement by the Director.
- Review value engineering both internally for commercial gain and externally if required.
About the Candidate:
- To demonstrate good understanding of project financial control.
- To confidently negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors.
- To continually look for avenues to improve project margin.
- To manage time and tasks to ensure efficient running of projects and department.
- To form, build and maintain relationships with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- To present all correspondence, tenders, drawings in a professional manner
Problem solving skills.
- Mechanical Engineering experience.
- Project management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
If you interested in this exciting and challenging role, please contact Lee McCormack on: (Apply online only)