|Job Ref:||204716743||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Salisbury||Address:||Salary:||£32000 - £40000/annum + Excellent Bonus||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:35|
Are you a Quantity Surveyor with proven experience of working with public sector buildings and clients?|
A leading organisation is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to produce estimates from the National Schedule of Rates for works up to and around £100,000.
BENEFITS: Very Attractive Bonus + Car + Pension + Life Insurance + 23 Days Holiday (option to buy more)
You will be responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to minimise costs, maximise value and cash flow and meet profit and ROCE budgets. You will also prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
Additionally, you will manage the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information. You will also develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
Your other duties will include;-
* Producing accurate estimates from the National Schedule of Rates for works up to and around £100,000
* Procuring materials, plant and subcontracts in line with BMS and contract budgets
* Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
* Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
* Producing monthly contract valuations
* Helping Business Manager and Business Development with sales and marketing activities
To be considered for this role, you must have;-
* Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
* Significant experience of producing estimates from the National Schedule of Rates and the ability to price minor works from first principles
* Experience of working with social housing and local authority clients desirable
* A proven track record of working with public buildings desirable
* A successful track record of converting tenders
* A proven ability to minimise cost and maximise value, profit and cash flow
* A working knowledge of standard forms of contract
* The ability to plan and supervise the delivery of contracts
* The ability to build successful working relationships with customers and colleagues
* Computer literacy