|Job Ref:||204721382||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£250 - £297/day||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:14|
IT Database Administrator - Contract until December 2016 - Manchester |
Essential:- 1000+ SQL Servers, Ingres and Oracle Databases.
As the IT Database Administrator you will be responsible for the deployment, configuration, recoverability, performance tuning and operational support for a sizeable database estate, ensuring high levels of availability and security for a large number of critical business applications.
IT Database Administrator reporting to the Service Manager (Databases), the role holder will have the opportunity to participate in and support capacity planning and delivering project objectives in conjunction with the Service Manager, end users, Enterprise Architects and Project Teams. A combination of skills and experience in both Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database are required for this role.
IT Database Administrator will work on:
- Be a database technical expert in the ICT Database Team, providing operational support for 1000+ SQL Server, Ingres and Oracle databases.
- Be part of a multi-million pound transformation programme, including work to upgrade and consolidate databases on the latest supported versions.
- Install and configure database instances in line with industry best practice.
- Develop, document and maintain policies and procedures for database administration.
- Implement policies, procedures and technologies to ensure databases are secure, through secure system access, monitoring, control, and routine security evaluations.
- Recommend changes to optimise database deployments, configuration or maintenance.
- Work closely with other ICT Service Operations and Project teams to implement solutions to meet corporate objectives.
- Perform tasks necessary to fulfil service level agreements with end users.
- Cascade knowledge and perform skills transfer to other members of the Database Team.
IT Database Administrator - Contract until December 2016 - Manchester
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients