|Job Ref:||204720890||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ripley||Address:||Post Code:||HG3||Salary:||£37563 - £44454/annum £37,563 - £44,454 per annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:59|
IT Network Manager |
Derbyshire Constabulary is committed to reducing and investigating crime, protecting people and promoting law and order across the county of Derbyshire.
The Information Services department is responsible for the oversight, resource management and financial management of all IS projects and work-streams within the force.
Position: Information Services Network & Communications Manager
Location: Ripley, Derbyshire
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £37,563 - £44,454 per annum
Closing Date: 5.00 pm, Thursday 20th October 2016
They are seeking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to lead a team in delivering services which meet the evolving needs of the organisation. The role of Network and Communications Manager sits within Service Operations which is responsible for the core service delivery within Information Services which consists of underpinning network, servers and communications used to deliver day to day service.
The Network and Communications Manager is responsible for the design, management and operational delivery of the network, telephony and radio systems, through the management of a team providing and presenting a high service ethic and a focus on achieving Service commitments.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Network infrastructure, network operating systems and telephony and Radio Communications to further improve the range of facilities available to users
- To ensure system management processes are effective and that general housekeeping and system hardware and software upgrades are undertaken in a timely manner
- Manage and support the covert radio system to the region and others as required
- To ensure that system security issues are addressed so the integrity of Force data is maintained
- Contribute to setting service level agreements and plan the design, implementation and delivery of Network, Telephony and Communications to meet such agreements
- Use network tools to determine network load and model performance statistics identifying trends in traffic flow and levels of service
- Ensure that effective support is in place for out of hours support, and participate in any rota as necessary
- Liaise with third party suppliers to ensure that faults passed to them are dealt with within acceptable timescales and in an acceptable manner
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Educated to HND level or equivalent or equivalent work experience within converged voice and data network
- Recognised qualifications in network management or equivalent work experience
- Managing Networks, Telephony and Communications infrastructure and network security and protocols
- Experience of negotiating contracts and service levels with vendors
- Proven experience of managing a team within a customer focussed / service environment
- Fault diagnosis and resolution
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Project management qualification and knowledge of project management and related methodologies
- ITIL qualification
- Experience of using Service Desk software, e.g. BMC Remedy, Touchpaper
- Knowledge of systems development lifecycle
- Experience of VoIP technology and IP Switching and routing
You may have experience of the following: Network Engineer, VOIP, IP Switching, Telecoms Engineer, Telephony, Radio Systems, ITIL, Project Manager, Service Desk, Project Management, Data Network, Communication Engineer, Contract Management, Voice Engineer, Communications, Customer Service, VoIP Engineer etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications