|Job Ref:||204720687||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:23|
1st Line IT Support |
AJ Bell is one of the UK`s largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services. With more than 131,100 customers and assets under administration exceeding £28 billion, they succeed by providing award-winning investment products, backed up with excellent service and online functionality at a low cost. Their head office is in Manchester, and they also own a specialist financial publishing business called AJ Bell Media in London, as well as a stockbroking business in Tunbridge Wells.
Position: 1st Line IT Support
Location: Old Trafford, Manchester
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £Competitive + bonus + benefits
They are now looking for a Helpdesk Analyst / 1st Line IT Support Analyst to join their Technology Services Department in Manchester. Reporting into the Service Delivery Team Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring that Incidents and Service requests are resolved within SLA and act as the first point of escalation and support for IT queries. This is a very technical Service Desk and the successful candidate will gain experience and knowledge of a very wide range of technologies. As such, this role could be suitable for those with experience on a Service Desk who are looking to increase their technical experience, or those looking to start in IT that have strong evidence of technical and analytical skills gained through education.
- Logging calls via telephone and gathering sufficient details for resolution by the relevant person.
- Classify calls to the service desk on arrival via email.
- Perform troubleshooting with end users via email, telephone and in person.
- Take ownership of technical problems and see through to resolution, even when passed to third parties.
- Help to plan and execute desk moves.
- Install software on new PC`s and Laptops.
- Setup mobile devices to users, e.g. Blackberry, iPhone, iPads.
- Maintain and update working documents such as mobile phone lists, and asset registers.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Strong customer focus, demonstrated through an excellent telephone manner and the way in which problems / issues are handled and resolved.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, evidenced via previous work experience or technical / scientific qualifications.
- Ability to work and communicate with people at all levels.
- Experience of Windows Operating system.
- Ability to set up and configure PCs and Laptops.
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications.
- An active knowledge of information technology, and a passion for keeping up to date with the latest technologies. Desire to learn new skills and progress professionally.
- Positive approach to new problems.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team.
You may have experience of the following: Service Delivery Analyst, IT Helpdesk, Support Analyst, Desktop Support, 1st Line, Technical Support, 2nd Line, IT Support, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications