|Job Ref:||204720525||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Amazing benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:14|
Network Infrastructure Engineer|
Ideally looking for an experienced and professional Network Infrastructure Engineer with experience of Avaya voice experience ideally, but will take any voice tool- Nortel or cisco etc. CCNP certified and must know about infrastructure and how it fits together in a SME.
Purpose / overview of position
This role requires a solid Infrastructure background, particularly networking, voice and storage. Responsibility for developing and implementing key strategies and plans concerning Network (WAN / LAN / WLAN / Voice) Data Storage, Cloud Services, and security. Innovation is the key as we take a more agile consumer based approach to traditional IT. Leading implementations and supporting the departmental planning process and advising on industry best practice
Key job responsibilities
• Responsibility for the design, installation, monitoring and maintenance of the network, storage and backup ecosystem, data centres and recovery locations.
• Providing company with the correct levels of security and resilience
• Direct responsibility for the disaster recovery policies and procedures, as well as ensuring that the appropriate test regimes are planned and executed
• Provide technical roadmaps as we implement next generation technologies
• Planning, testing and implementation of changes in line with Change Management processes
• Define networking requirements for supported services, identifying any bottlenecks and implementing solutions
Specific requirements / skills
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
• 5+ years experience working in an IT department supporting network and voice infrastructures
• Vendor training and certification (Cisco / Avaya / EMC)
• Experience working on Nortel/Avaya network platforms (ERS 8800, 4800, 5500) beneficial
• Experience working on Nortel/Avaya voice platforms (CS1000, Call pilot, Contact Centre, Call Recorder (WFO)
• Experience working with Wireless technologies (Aerohive preferred)
• Experience working with Cloud Platforms such as Amazon Web Services
• Experience of cloud based telephony
• Experience working with next generation Firewall products (Palo Alto beneficial)
• Strong understanding of all IT security standards and products
• Experience knowledge of SAN / NAS / FC Switches, Cloud backup
• Experienced in maintaining and troubleshooting large mission critical installations
• In depth experience and understanding of Storage Architecture and SAN design especially with large scale implementation experience
• Good understanding of next generation storage concepts (STaaS, JBOD, Flash, SDS, AWS)
• Good understanding of Backup/ recovery concepts (SSO/ Vaulting/ DB Agents/ Staging/ other basic backup concepts) and infrastructure
• Familiarity with most system administration command/ tools on Unix and Windows for system performance, network and backup issues
• Should be able to architect solutions on above platforms
• Experience of EMC hardware / management solutions, especially Clariion / VNX
• Ability to manage incidents through to resolution
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Initiative to seek information in unstructured and undocumented environment
• Desire to follow processes with little formal control
• Attention to detail and meticulous planning
• Broad technical understanding covering enduser computing and mobile devices, physical and virtual server platforms and management software & services.
• Shows sensitivity and respect for others' feelings, cultures and beliefs, showing respect for diversity.
• Makes a positive contribution to the team, supporting colleagues in their day today work.
• Establishes constructive and collaborative relationships with immediate colleagues.
• Passes on information promptly, keeping colleagues up to date.
• Handles disagreements as they occur, seeking a constructive solution.
Courage to Challenge
• Stands by own proposals in the face of difficult questions, providing supporting evidence.
• Explores and takes into account the full range of viewpoints.
• Adapts a questioning approach to clarify or more fully understand an issue.
• Helps to uncover pertinent facts to move a debate forward.
• Consults others for ideas, advice and direction when facing unusual problems.
• Interested in finding out about the organisation and the connections between wider organisational issues and their own role.
• Inquisitive about current issues and developments within the HR community and how they impact on current practice.
• Extends understanding to underlying issues and causes.
• Open to trying new ideas and takes on board change.
• Reflects, analyses and tests ideas and insights with others.
• Assesses the value of information and data before applying it to a decision.
• Ensures details and facts are correct, complete and consistent, ensuring that conclusions drawn from the information are built on solid foundations.
• Use previous experience, standard procedures and common sense to make decisions.
• Accurately collects and interprets relevant data in order to support organisation decision-making and delivery of task.
• Is able to use common sense and knowledge to solve problems.
Driven to Deliver
• Demonstrates a consistently strong bias for action and a desire to deliver.
• Identifies the steps to achieve agreed tasks, goals and objectives in the immediate or short term.
• Focuses own activity on the agreed priorities getting things done efficiently and effectively.
• Keeps track of own progress, completing work to deadlines or informing others when targets cannot be met.
• Consistently delivers to expectations and commitments, meeting or exceeding agreed standards