|Job Ref:||204720446||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£35000 - £75000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 03:59|
Data Scientists - Mid / Senior Level|
Machine Learning & Big Data
Salary - £35,000 - £75,000 +
Opportunities have arisen for a number of Data Scientists with an interest in statistical models and algorithms to join a cutting edge, data analytics company in Cambridge.
The company have enjoyed great success in building analytics software which predicts customer behaviours in real time for some of the UK's leading companies. As part of their continued expansion they are now looking to recruit a number of Data Scientists across a Mid and Senior level to join their team in Cambridge.
The key purpose of the role will be to work closely with external companies to understand the opportunities and constraints of their existing data and to identify new opportunities for them to gain benefit from large-scale data sets.
The Data Scientist will then be responsible for developing statistical models and algorithms, which apply analytical theory to real world problems, and then analysing and evaluating the results and feeding the information back to customers using reports and presentations.
With headcount increasing, this is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and growing company who hold an excellent reputation in Cambridge. You will be involved with complex work in a thriving environment of like-minded Data Scientists within a company who offer excellent training and development opportunities. Highly competitive salaries and excellent benefits are on offer to successful applicants.
- Preferred Masters or PhD level qualification in a quantitative subject.
- Experience of applying machine learning algorithms to real data.
- Experience in implementing statistical models and analytical algorithms in software.
- Experience of handling large, diverse, data sets.
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a large workload
- Proficiency in using SQL
- Understanding of common data science frameworks, tools, languages and visualisation tools such as Python, R, Matlab, TensorFlow, Hadoop, Spark, Tableau / QlikView
If you'd like to hear more then please contact George Allen (Data & Business Intelligence Specialist) in the DP Connect Cambridge office.