|Job Ref:||204718651||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Runcorn||Address:||Post Code:||WA7||Salary:||£62000/annum (Relocation package available, if required) F||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:02|
AutoCoding Systems require an ambitious Embedded Software Developer - C# .NET to join a growing development team in the development of a new global software platform, utilising cutting edge technology.|
SALARY: £62,000 (Relocation package available, if required)
BENEFITS: Flexitime, Pension, 25 Days leave + Stats
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Merseyside, Chester, Manchester, Milton Keynes, London, Bristol
JOB SPECIFICATION - Embedded Software Developer - C# .NET
* As an Embedded Software Developer / Low Level Driver with AutoCoding systems you will play a varied role and will be exposed to the full life cycle within an agile environment.
* As part of the strategic software team, your focus will be on contributing to the next generation of core products targeting a global marketplace. In this role, you will focus specifically on the development of our device driver framework, including implementation, documentation, testing, and troubleshooting.
* Our driver developers are working on the integration of industrial inspection ( checkweigher, metal detector), scanning (barcode and vision systems), and coding (inkjet, laser, etc.) equipment, so a background working with this kind of equipment in a software context would be advantageous.
At AutoCoding Systems our ethos is simple; great software is built by hiring great people. If you are enthusiastic, passionate, and driven by challenges, then we have a place for you within our development team. We value individuals and encourage everyone to inject their own personality in to how we work and the software we create.
As a Driver Developer you will be passionate about software and technology as well as being adaptive to a changing environment
REQUIREMENTS - Embedded Software Developer - C# .NET / Low Level Driver
The ideal candidate for this role will enjoy the challenges of applying mathematical and scientific investigation within the context of software programming and "bits and byte" level device communications.
* Hands-on experience in one or more of C# .NET, Java, or C++
* Strong grasp of Object Oriented Programming
* BSc, MSc, or PhD in Computer Science or related subject
* Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
* Some exposure to low-level device communications
* An understanding of the theory and application of Test Driven Development
* Experience of coding in C# .NET
* Familiar with the Visual Studio IDE and Git or equivalent source control
* Prior exposure to agile working practices within a software development team
* Experience of low-level device communications (TCP/RS232), embedded software, or firmware development.
* Understanding of all stages of the development lifecycle
* Every day across the world, billions of consumer goods are manufactured and shipped to retailers for sale to customers. Whether the goods end up in a supermarket, local shop, or warehouse of an online retailer, a large proportion will have been processed by an AutoCoding Systems (ACS) software solution at some time during their production. AutoCoding Systems develop mission-critical software solutions to facilitate the automation of factory packaging lines, and work at every layer from interaction with production-line devices to interfacing with ERP systems.
* Our continuing achievements include expansion into the USA, Europe, and Australia, and prestigious new contracts in the UK and a year on year growth rate that far exceeds the market trend. This is a real opportunity to fulfil your career within an expanding international organisation.
* It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: C# .NET, Java, C++, JIRA, C++, Device Drivers, barcode and vision systems
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Grahame Williams quoting Embedded Software Developer - C# .NET reference GW1609-70
to DD: +44 (0)(Apply online only) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) (Apply online only). Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based