|Job Ref:||204718199||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rugeley||Address:||Post Code:||WS15||Salary:||£45000/annum £45,000||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:14|
Software and IT Systems Integration Engineer|
Our client who is based in Staffordshire has an opportunity for a Software and IT Systems Integration Engineer with a passion for engineering and a good knowledge of computer systems, networks and software development, to join their expanding team, delivering customer orientated solutions within the manufacturing, utilities and broadcast industries. The successful candidate will be forward thinking software and IT systems integration engineer with an eye for detail and excellent communication skills.
Ideal candidates will be Software and IT Systems Integration Engineers who will be looking to build a career within a growing Software and Systems Integration company and be ready to work on a wide range of projects for our customers operating across many different market sectors. Working as part of a friendly team where input is valued and performance is truly recognised, our client is looking for team players who can help fulfil its goals of growth and market penetration over the years ahead. Driven by the Industrial Internet of Things, our client is well placed to embrace an exciting period of change in the provision of industrial automation, monitoring and analytical services and is looking forward to building additional team strength across all areas of the business.
Duties and responsibilities of a Software and IT Systems Integration Engineer
- Reporting and working closely with the Systems Lead and working as a member of the Systems team to:
- Design and develop solutions using a variety of applications, standards and technologies to meet our customer commitments
- Provide on-site installation, commissioning, start-up services, and application training for our solutions
- Document solutions to company and customer standards
- Ensure the delivery of project milestones aligned with customer requirements, schedule and quality expectations
Personal attributes of a Software and IT Systems Integration Engineer
- Hard working, dynamic, motivated and detail oriented Excellent customer relationship and communication skills
- Team player, flexible, tolerant and able to learn quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Willingness for some travel and work on customer sites in the UK and globally.
Relevant experience of a Software and IT Systems Integration Engineers
- Demonstrated skills and understanding of the configuration and development of software and IT based infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Working knowledge of common high-level programming languages (particularly C#. (url removed), VB, VBA are also applicable).
- Appreciation of industrial systems with knowledge of Control Systems, SCADA, or Manufacturing Execution System (MES) being advantageous
- Appreciation of networking then communication technologies
- Experience using products from GE Digital (such as iFIX, Cimplicity, Historian, Plant Applications) will be looked upon favorably
Qualifications of a Software and IT Systems Integration Engineer
- A proven track record of Computer Science, integration or Engineering based role, or equivalent degree
- A relevant Microsoft Certification would be looked upon favourably.
In return you can expect a salary of £45,000 - benefits and excellent career progression opportunities
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.