|Job Ref:||204717971||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£22000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:14|
My client, a world-leading group of businesses operating in the defence and aerospace, security and cyber, transport and energy markets is seeking Junior Cyber Security Analyst to provide protective security services across the Group using sophisticated means to detect, manage and remediate cyber security incidents as they occur. There are presently opportunities for junior analysts to join this team. The role is based in newly refurbished offices in Cheltenham, situated just off junction 11 of the M5. |
• Monitoring identifiers and suspect activity that indicates a potential security incident.
• Make use of Intrusion Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning tools, Malware Forensics tools as well as a host of bespoke tools and methodologies to detect and remediate compromise.
• Manage security incidents to conclusion, liaising with IT departments in other companies to advise them of issues and quantify the incidents.
Background and Understanding:
• A Computer Science degree (or similar).
• 2 years experience working in a technical environment (IT department or Electronics Engineering are both appropriate).
• Good attention to detail, making use of configuration control and formal documentation methods.
• A genuine interest in technology and technical security.
• Training will be given.
The monitoring covers systems around the world, and so there will be times when there is a need to work non-standard hours due to the time zones that are monitored and maintained.
My client is committed to career development both within and across all businesses. If you are interested in the vacancy listed above, please forward your CV in the first instance