|Job Ref:||204722827||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£37000 - £42000/annum benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:15|
The purpose of this role is to support the ICT Infrastructure Team by undertaking responsibilities associated with the development and maintenance of the ICT Server infrastructure.
The Client invests in the latest technology and the role holder will be expected to lead on the, maintenance and proactive monitoring of the Client Server, Network and Storage infrastructure. In addition the successful candidate will be expected to support all departments/external customers with regard to the introduction of new solutions that will improve business efficiency and effectiveness.
* Primary responsibility for the monitoring and performance and capacity management of the Client Server, Storage and Network estate. On a daily basis to use the Client monitoring solutions (SCOM) to ensure the ICT Server, Storage and Network Infrastructure meets the agreed uptime Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (availability)
* Ensuring adherence to the IT Change Process. Implement assigned changes, installations, and new systems approved by the Change Advisory Board (CAB) in accordance with ITIL principles
* Investigate and resolve incidents/problems referred to the Infrastructure team from the Service Desk, Applications and Security teams.
* To ensure all IT systems are patched appropriately according to the standards set out in the Client patching policies using SCCM and other tools
* To build, deploy, document and maintain all planned infrastructure system as directed by the infrastructure team manager
* Ensuring adherence to industry best practice for example ISO 20001 and ITIL
* Ensuring the continuing evolution of support processes and procedures to maintain the Client's accreditation, PSN and other standards attained
Performance & Capacity Management
* Maintain Server, Storage and Network hardware and software at current levels of support by applying patches and updates as recommended or as required and monitor utilisation trends
* Manage Server, Storage and Network Infrastructure performance, and assure maximum uptime; perform ongoing analysis, carry out capacity planning, and technical tuning of the Server Storage and Network infrastructure to improve resilience, performance and compliance
* Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and potential impact on the ICT Server, Storage and Network Infrastructure
* Delivering at pace
* Delivering a quality service
* ITIL experience and exposure
* MCSE (working towards at a minimum)
The role holder will need to demonstrate proficiency within the ICT used by CMA, notably (but not limited to):
The role holder must demonstrate knowledge in the following technologies:
* Hypervisor administration (Hyper-V 2012 R2 preferred)
* Monitoring solutions Microsoft System Centre Operations Manager 2012 R2 preferred
* Windows Server installation and administration (2012 R2 preferred)
* Exposure to Remote Desktop Services (2012 R2 preferred)
* Exposure to Microsoft Exchange in clustered environments (2010 or 2013 preferred)
* Understanding of VOIP/Video Conferencing and Unified Communications technologies
* Windows 7/8/8.1 Clients
* Antivirus and security products administration (Sophos and System Centre Endpoint Protection preferred)
* Experience of backup and restore technologies (Symantec Netbackup/Dataprotection Manager (DPM) preferred)
Candidates that demonstrate some of the following skills will have a definitive advantage:
* Exposure to Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager 2012 R2 (2012 R2 preferred)
* Exposure to scripting languages (PowerShell v3 preferred)
* Understanding of Cisco network devices
* Understanding of ASA and Checkpoint firewalls
* Exposure to Lync (preferred 2013),
* Exposure to Blackberry and Mobile Device Solutions (MDM) solutions
If this role is of interest to you, then apply immediately!
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation