|Job Ref:||204722704||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Steyning||Address:||Post Code:||BN44||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:21|
IT Support Engineer- Steyning|
£30,000 - £40,000
Our clients deliver fully managed networks to SME and education sectors, our fast paced business provides cutting edge solutions and support to our clients and aim to fix all faults in under 2 hours.
100% of their business is generated by referrals based on their reputation, due to their portfolio increasing we are looking to recruit a personable and motivated person in a full time role to join their engineering team, supporting their clients across UK, Europe and the Far East
They are looking for a an experienced support professional to joining their growing team initially as 2nd/3rd line support but in the mid - long term becoming more of lead engineer within their business.
It's a unique opportunity to become a pivotal member of the business with plenty of progression including the opportunity to build and manage a team should you desire.
The role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support to all customers
- Ensuring all calls and tickets are logged and responded to within the client's service level agreements
- Proactively identifying potential or future issues at client sites
- Proactively sharing technical knowledge and client-specific know-how with the team
Communicating to client's new technologies and identifying possible sales leads
- Exchange/Office 365
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- TCP/IP, DNS/DHCP
- Basic switch / router configuration
- Windows Server from 2008 to 2012 R2
- Windows Clients from XP to Windows 10
- Failover clustering using CSV
- Active Directory / Group Policies
- VMware - vSphere
- Veeam / Altaro HV Backup
- Sophos AV solutions
- Firewall understanding / configuration - preferably Sophos UTM
- Excellent Time Management, and Planning & Control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Enhanced DBS/CRB cleared or willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance
National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) or willing to undergo National Security Vetting (DBS NSV)
The successful person will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A willingness to learn and co-operate as part of a team
- Confidence working in a busy environment
- An excellent telephone manner, along with friendly customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- A proactive, logical approach to problem solving coupled with common sense
- Excellent communication, literacy and organisational skills
- Punctuality, all employees must be ready to work by their start time and some flexibility will be required due to the nature of the job
- A full, clean driving licence is required to meet the requirements of this role as it will involve some work onsite for clients.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age