|Job Ref:||204717526||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£475 - £550/day||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:15|
Service Design and Transition Lead - up to £550/day - 6 month contract - London/ Croydon*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold SC clearance or be willing to undergo.
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of our key central government clients who are looking for a Service Design and Transition Lead to join their team. The job holder will be assigned to a particular business area of the Home Office, and has specific responsibility to:
* Work closely with the technical and business leads at a detailed project level, to ensure that the agreed design principles and standards are embedded into their solutions throughout the service delivery lifecycle, from inception to retirement.
* Specify and design service solutions for large or complex systems, either under the direction of a Service Architect or directly as part of a programme or project team.
* Ensure that service support arrangements and end-to-end Service Level Agreements are put in place that are proportionate, affordable, and support the business needs.
* Assess the impact of new or changed services on current service levels, such as capacity, availability and performance, and ensure these are addressed as part of the solution design
* Identify any impact on Live Service staffing levels and ensure these are reflected in business cases
* Produce a service design package and other artefacts as required
* Using agreed tools and processes, plan and manage service implementation activities through the lifecycle until successful acceptance into live operation.
* Contribute to the definition of design policies, principles and guidance and the continuous improvement of working practices
* Promote a joined up approach by utilising common processes and reuse of existing service components
Essential skills and experience:
* ITIL V3 expert qualification
* Track record of: Successful service design, Successful service transition,
* Experience of effectively dealing with: Complex business requirements, Diverse landscape of live services, Multiple stakeholders
* The ability to progress the design of live services while working alongside programme teams.
* The flexibility to work effectively in a rapidly changing and developing environment.
Desirable skills and experience:
* Previous experience of managing Live Services
* Previous government department experience.
* An ability to mentor staff.
* Knowledge of Prince2
* Agile development techniques