|Job Ref:||204717473||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:25|
On behalf of our Belfast client we now have this Big Data Architect position available. Positioned in a great city centre location they are looking for someone with previous Data Architecture experience and ideally a mix of DBA and DevOps experience to go along with that.|
They are highly regarded in the world of Big Data and this is a rare opportunity to get involved in a proper "greenfield" project in Belfast that will have a major impact on their new platform used by their enterprise level customers across the globe.
Having worked with them for a few months in securing their first hires it is clear that the company recognise the talent available in Belfast so much so that the new team here will be solely responsible for building their new platform with no legacy engineering, technology or process constraints. It is a blank canvas to make your mark on with innovative ideas and really influence the design and delivery of this new Data as a Service platform. By getting in at this early stage you will have a big say in the technologies they decide to use.
As one of their first senior level hires you will join a team that has full ownership of the technical solution right down to the selection of technologies, establishment of a Continuous Integration pipeline and adoption of DevOps principals. Your duties will include the following:
* Build a new DaaS platform including advanced, cloud-based data stores and APIs against an ambitious technical roadmap following Agile and DevOps principles
* Introduce automation for all relevant processes
* Create and maintain meaningful documentation
* Work closely with the Product Management Team to suggest new features
* Follow and enhance SCM and DevOps processes to facilitate agile development
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
* Previous experience as a Data Architect for large data sets
* Minimum 5 years' OO design and development experience across a range of programming languages
* Experience with Big Data tools, technologies and concepts would be an advantage
* DBA level experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
* Previous experience of building highly available, scalable and secure data architecture
* Product development and data services experience for cloud environments
* DevOps and SCM experience
* Automation and scripting experience for Unix and Windows platforms
As a new company in Belfast these roles offer a highly attractive salaries, benefits packages and a perfect city centre location. It is a great opportunity to join a privately owned company who are experiencing very strong growth and have plans to make a significant impression in the local IT sector most notably in the world of Big Data.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call the Ciaran Boyle on (Apply online only). Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client