|Job Ref:||204717225||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum plus corporate benefits package||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:25|
OVERVIEW; Systems Engineer / Platform Implementation Consultant (Windows, Linux, Network, Cloud, Virtualisation) sought by exciting established, award winning PLC software development and services company providing enterprise level back-end IT systems. Salary C£35K-£45K depending on experience level and skill set plus fantastic corporate benefits package!|
LOCATION; Office based south of Birmingham (between Birmingham and the M42/M40 Junction), West Midlands
My client is an established, steadily growing, award winning software development company and part of a larger PLC software and services company providing enterprise level back-end IT / supply-chain systems. They nurture long-term partnerships with businesses that seek to continually improve their performance, through the intelligent use of technology, people and improved business processes. They have a successful record of installing over 500 enterprise solutions in a variety of industry sectors and business sizes.
Due to ongoing expansion my client seeks to recruit a new talented and ambitious Systems Implementation Engineer who is looking for their next career move that may ultimately lead to a more senior team leading and platform strategy design and planning in the medium-term.
- You will be responsible for specifying the platform infrastructure for new customers and providing existing customers with solutions to enhance their existing implementations.
- You will take a hands-on approach to delivering and supervising packaged platform support services
- You will manage the general transition from on-premise solutions to hosted and cloud-delivered implementations.
- Under the direction of the Technical Director, work with and manage the platform specifications and performance of the Company?s hosting and cloud platform offerings.
- You will manage and support the Company?s internal application infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the on-premise and hosted platform requirements of the Company?s software development stack
- Work alongside customer facing staff to advise and implement hardware, infrastructure, platform and security requirements.
- Provide specialised level 3 support to the help desk team on hardware, platform and security issues.
- Understand and advise on the hardware devices deployed as part of the Company?s software and manage the specification, configuration and integration of these components as part of the overall solution.
- Supporting the development team with the design and provision of appropriate test environments.
- Maintain and enhance the Company?s platform and infrastructure documentation including licence compliance.
- Experience supporting the platform requirements and IT infrastructure of businesses using enterprise software solutions
- hands-on experience of supporting and deploying Linux and Windows server platforms on Dell hardware.
- Ideally MCSE certified / Linux LPI / CompTIA Linux+ or similar certification
- Deep experience of enterprise virtualisation software such as VMware and configuring virtual resources.
- Practical experience of public and private cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Clear understanding of internet technologies, including DNS management, web servers and security technologies.
- Proven network management skills including TCP/IP, switching routing, VLANs etc
- The ability to create and manage high quality documentation.
WHAT'S ON OFFER;
- An ideal position for an experienced and passionate systems engineer candidate who seeking a role where there is a REAL opportunity for career progression and increased responsibility.
- A competitive financial remuneration package with comprehensive corporate benefits package.
- An opportunity to work in a highly reputable software company part of highly successful software and services group offering excellent job security, an extremely high staff retention ratio and a continuing professional development plan for all staff.
If you are a good match to the above criteria then please apply with a CV at your earliest opportunity so as to be considered for this excellent life-changing opportunity.
KEYWORDS; Systems Engineer, Platform Implementation Consultant, Technical, DevOps, Systems Administrator, MCSE, Unix, Windows, software, manager, senior, support, MCP, hardware, Dell, 3rd line support, 2nd line support, Infrastructure,
- CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI.
- Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Certifications.
- Linux Foundation LCFS And LCFE Certs.
- Red Hat RHCSA, RHCE & RHCA.
- Oracle Linux OCA & OCP