|Job Ref:||204717148||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:06|
Amazon Technical Specialist / AWS Engineer - Dartford or London Euston |
To provide operational infrastructure support for a number of high availability cloud based applications.
* Understand networking fundamentals (DNS/ Subnets/ Routing)
* Scripting / Coding background (Everything is going towards Infrastructure as Code, the more we automate the less they have to know interacting with individual hosts) Currently using Ruby / JSON (Including Cloud Formation) / Bash for this project.
Have used a minimum number of tools to keep the requirements light. The right person might not know Ruby but have a history with other languages.
* Good understanding of Web applications
* Must understand HTTP (We are using multiple proxies, and load balancers some store and forward some are TCP level, they must understand HTTP to be able to follow and diagnose potential issues.)
* Source control preferably GIT. Must at least have used it.
* Some Linux is a must
Nice to have
* Amazon Linux
* DB performance optimisation (Basic SQL skills are a must, we have to be able to traverse the DB to make the application work)
* Elastic Beanstalk
* Scala Play Framework
Additional Duties and responsibilities -
The role is to support a number of high availability cloud based applications:
* Managing operation of cloud based application (In AWS/Azure/OpenStack).
* Linux administration.
* Linux security best practices.
* Experience in scripting and automation (For example - Shell scripting, Python).
* Experience in orchestration (Puppet/Chef/Salt or equivalent).
* Experience in test-driven infrastructure.
* Development of monitoring infrastructure.
* Log management and analysis using Splunk or similar.
* Experience in maintain and supporting large DB
Experience > 5 years in a similar role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fin-tech company working in cashless payment industry - if this sounds like then please apply today