|Job Ref:||204722151||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Pudsey||Address:||Post Code:||LS28||Salary:||£19000 - £21000/annum following a 20 week paid placement||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:30|
Our Client is the leading specialist consulting company in fluid flow, catering to the water, wastewater, nuclear, oil, gas, petrochemical and renewable industries. Established in 1969 in the UK.|
This is a Graduate Engineering role based in Leeds. You would be required to undertake the following tasks:
* This role will be approximately 60% office based and 40% working within our site services section of the organisation, which may involve travelling to sites around the UK.
* The successful candidate will then be required to prepare mathematical models of pipeline systems using the collected data, undertake unsteady flow simulations and interpret results to achieve the goal of deriving practical engineering solutions to fluid flow problems for a wide range of projects.
* The successful applicant will work alongside a senior engineer and will be fully trained in the processes of onsite data acquisition, primarily on water and wastewater sites in the UK.
* The successful engineer will be required to write formal technical reports, outlining the work undertaken and solutions to any problems identified during the study.
* You will also be involved in client meetings from an early stage.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in Engineering and have the following skills:
* A full UK Driving licence is a necessity
* Must have excellent communication skills
* Experience in mathematical modelling would be advantageous, but not essential
* Must have excellent IT skills
* Excellent ability with MS Excel
* Specialist training in pipeline hydraulics will be given, but the candidates should ideally have undertaken fluid mechanics modules as part of their degree course.
You will start on a 20-week probationary period paid at £7.20 per hour. On successful completion of your probation, there is a permanent graduate position available with a starting salary circa £19,000 - £21,000
If you are interested in this placement please apply by clicking on the link below or contact XL Graduate Placement for further details.
XL Graduate Placement is the UK's leading graduate recruitment specialists with nationwide opportunities for graduates across all industry sectors, including; HR, Engineering, Business, Marketing, Finance, Construction and ICT. We place graduates in permanent positions with our clients, as well as 5-6 month paid work placements directly linked to your future career choice - more than two thirds of our placements directly end with permanent graduate positions.
XL Graduate Placement is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)