|Job Ref:||204722107||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Forth||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:22|
Graduate Quantity Surveyor:-|
Key global client of ours are currently seeking a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join the organisation on a permanent basis. You as the Graduate Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for assisting with the overall day to day management of the commercial and surveying aspects of new-build/install, refurbishment and design.
You will be a strong team player, well organised and able to demonstrate continuing professional development and an on-going commitment.
- Assist on Manage/monitor/report on all commercial aspects of projects
- Attend handover meeting to receive project from estimating/sales dept.
- Assist with the management and produce/take off Bill of Quants (BoQ)
- Assist with the cost control document using information from final agreed contract pricing documents
- Participate in identifying areas of risk/scope and develop/monitor with the project team
- Produce valuations/applications/claims in line with contract requirements
- Identify and secure reimbursement of variations to the contracted scope of works
- Maintain positive cash flow and maximise profitability on project
- Develop and maintain accurate cost reporting/monitoring/forecasting for:
- Preliminaries vs. budget
- Manufacturing cost vs. budget
- Installation works vs. budget
- Design cost vs. performance
- Increased cost/market trends
- Produce monthly status report (CVR) including items listed above
- Produce accurate internal cash flows for projects in line with published timetable
- Produce accurate external cash flows for projects in line with contract requirements
- Formulate a working relationship with all members of client team
- In conjunction with project team, select/agree subcontractor & materials supplier enquiry list
- Register and acknowledge receipt of all project enquiries from potential subcontractors and suppliers
- Participate in procurement of subcontract works packages and any material/equipment 'supply only` packages
- Recognised qualification in Quantity Surveying or construction related subject, BSc Degree preferable.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office packages
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Able to work accurately with figures
- Ability to commute to site location.
- Full UK/EU driving licence
If you feel you have all the above qualities, please apply now