|Job Ref:||204721808||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Sandy||Address:||Salary:||£10.50/hour||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:30|
Direct Workforce is a successful recruitment company with links to some of the most recognised transport & logistics companies in the UK.|
Our client, based in Sandy is seeking a Fitter to assist with the build, preparation and refurbishment of cabins and other fleet units prior to them going out on hire or for sale and to ensure that all units adhere to company high quality standards.
* To adhere to existing working practices, methods and procedures and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
* Be able to take a raw material and produce a finished product
* Use hand tools to when it cannot be done by machine or it is uneconomical to get cutters to do it by machine
* To repair and maintain all equipment within the hire fleet.
* Ensuring that all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety and other relevant
* General maintenance tasks to timber, plastic and steel
accommodation units, portable toilets, etc.
* General fitting duties including: Sinks, toilets, showers and worktops/kitchen units
* Hanging doors
* Installing and removing of stud partitioned walls
* General electrical, plumbing, joinery and flooring work
* Fitting of equipment and furniture into units
* Responsible for SHEQ and housekeeping within designated work area
* Possessing a good understanding of health and safety and COSHH
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Ability to work within a fast paced and demanding environment.
* Attention to detail for all aspects of the job
* Able to communicate throughout different levels
* Experience of working with various types of paint
* Good knowledge of general fitting/finishing and maintenance
* Attention to detail
* High quality standards
* An understanding and ability to follow SHEQ guidelines and procedures
* Problem solving skills
* Ability to suggest improved ways to undertake work more efficiently
* 'Right first time' attitude
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday 8 - 4.30 (40 hours). Immediate start available following successful interview. Please apply online or call Kirstin in (Apply online only)