|Job Ref:||204721789||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Somerset||Address:||Post Code:||BS26||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:30|
Leading FMCG Manufacturer requires an Engineering stores and Off System Purchaser - Reporting to the Production Equipment Manager the post holder will control the engineering stores and be responsible for all off system Purchasing.|
• Maintenance of essential stocks & stock records, ordering of engineering stocks and general consumables.
• Receiving of deliveries, put away, retrieval and picking of stocks as required.
• Keep abreast of best practise applicable to small stores operation.
• Apply technological developments to business requirements.
• Raise POs as required ? repeat and specific, issue/send POs as required, receive invoices and tie up with relevant POs, issue invoices to Management for authorisation.
• Prepare and package items for despatch, liaise with Despatch Department re sending of packages.
• Ensure Risk Assessments of stores activities are carried out and documented.
• Ensure at all Health and Safety disciplines and procedures are carried out as prescribed.
• Ensure the highest level of housekeeping is maintained within the nominated work areas.
Successful applicant will have: previous experience in a similar role in an engineering stores or FMCG production unit. Knowledge of basic stores functions and stock control disciplines, proven problem solver, ?Self starter? / proactive with the ability to set and prioritise workloads. Computer literate, ability to accurately understand and follow instructions, ability to accurately complete paperwork, ability to accurately enter data into a CMMS, or similar, system. Ability to meet deadlines, numerate. Ability to form working relationships with other personnel from similar practically based functions