|Job Ref:||204721176||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Salary:||£37658/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:22|
Maintenance Technician - £37,500 (Days/Nights 6.45 - 6.45, 12 Hour Shifts) |
To be part of a multi-disciplined team to carry out first line maintenance tasks and improvements on equipment throughout the factory efficiently and effectively to enable maintenance targets to be met. Provide feedback on completed tasks and work requirements using CMMS to ensure equipment histories and costs are up to date and to enable follow up work to be identified and planned.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. To complete designated tasks efficiently to the highest standard
2. Consider cost implications when carrying out designated tasks to minimise wasted time, materials and costs
3. Have a "right first time" work ethic and use root cause analysis to determine the underlying reasons behind problems and failures and act on the findings
4. Be observant at all times when in the plant and investigate any deficiencies observed or reported to you; raise work orders for those that cannot be auctioned immediately and feedback on those that can
5. Be proactive and positively support MCE - provide and implement ideas to improve manufacturing and mechanical efficiency and equipment reliability
6. Work safely, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work. Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
7. Work in liaison with other departments as required and provide support and assistance at all times
8. Enter accurate, detailed feedback on all completed tasks into the CMMS on a daily basis.
9. Work closely with the Maintenance Planner/Scheduling Manager to ensure the smooth execution of both day-to-day maintenance tasks and shutdown work.
10. Ensure the upkeep and reliability of all plant and equipment in your designated area by feeding back requirements to the Planner/Supervisors
NA of working within a Maintenance Department
NA food manufacturing site knowledge
NA & Guilds Part 2 or equivalent in relevant engineering subject
NA of Kaizen - Lean Manufacturing - Desirable not Essential