|Job Ref:||204720939||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Watford||Address:||Post Code:||NN6||Salary:||£28000 - £35000/annum overtime + travel allowance||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:23|
CAR MECHANIC / MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN|
£28,000 - £35,000 per annum [depending on experience] + overtime
Commercial Consultants (UK) Ltd - The Engineering Recruitment Specialists are seeking a permanent Car Mechanic / Motor Vehicle Technician to be based in Watford.
The Car Mechanic / Motor Vehicle Technician will be responsible for carrying out repairs, running diagnostics checks, identifying and rectifying mechanical faults and completing preventative maintenance of our Client's fleet of vehicles.
Main duties of the Car Mechanic / Motor Vehicle Technician will include:
* Completing vehicle repairs and installations
* Diagnosing the cause of any mechanical malfunctions
* Overseeing the work of apprenticeship and trainee mechanics
* Overhauling, tuning and adjusting engines using specialized equipment
* Carrying out preventive maintenance services and repairs as necessary.
Skills of the Car Mechanic / Motor Vehicle Technician will include:
* Interpreting a manufacturer's repair manual
* Ability to perform minor electrical repairs
* Exercising a degree of independent judgement in determining methods of repair
* Operating pneumatic tools
* Must be able to use computer software for vehicle repairs and repairing a vehicles engine, transmission, electrical, steering and suspension systems.
Requirements of the Car Mechanic / Motor Vehicle Technician will include:
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Recognised apprenticeship within Vehicle Mechanics or comparable trade papers from the Military or NVQ (or equivalent)
* Access to own basic tools
* Available to work shifts
* Excellent level of the English language both written and verbal.
In addition, there are competitive benefits available including; a contributory pension scheme, excellent holiday entitlements, protective clothing, free London travel, job security all coupled with training and fantastic career development opportunities.
This is a permanent position and as such, Commercial Consultants (UK) Ltd is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client. Interested applicants can email us or call Ross Hillman on (Apply online only)