|Job Ref:||204719272||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Smethwick||Address:||Post Code:||B67||Salary:||£35000 - £42000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:31|
Experienced Machinery Design Engineer required to join a globally operating, family owned manufacturer of cold rolled metal products. The company operates on 5 continents and this exciting role is to work within the Machine Build Department at the Head Office near Birmingham.|
The machine build department designs manufacturing equipment related to the cold roll forming industry, they modify specially bought in equipment and refurbish existing machinery.
This equipment generally consists of coil handling equipment, power presses up to 250T, roll forming mills, flying cut off presses and servo motor controls
This position of Machinery Design Engineer is divided between being desk based and hands on for the elements of the role relating to development.
PLC Controls knowledge is a must as is design experience with hydraulics and heavy machinery.
* C£40k salary
* Pension Scheme
* 25 days hol + 8 stat days
* 8.30 ? 5.00 Mon ? Thur, 8.30 ? 4.00 Friday
* Life insurance
Role & Responsibilities of Machinery Design Engineer
* Design and programme control systems to operate new and existing equipment
* Produce designs of hydraulics / pneumatic circuits
* Provide technical support to maintenance engineers for new and existing equipment
* Project planning, providing accurate quotes and timescales relating to the electrical element of the design and build process
* Hands on assistance during machine testing and commissioning
Qualifications & Experience ideally Required:
* Time served electrical / electronic engineer
* Excellent electrical design capabilities with good mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge and aptitude
* Knowledge of power press controls and associated safety requirements
* Panel building design knowledge to provide assistance to build engineers
* Knowledge of Bosch Rexroth control and drive system a distinct advantage
* Knowledge of Siemens and Allen Bradley required
* Be up-to-date with current legislation and British standards on machine guarding and other health and safety requirements
* Current Passport ? some overseas visits will be required
* Full UK Driving Licence
Wagstaff Recruitment offers a dedicated and individual recruitment service for professional candidates seeking new opportunities within the manufacturing industry.
If you are an experienced Machinery Design Engineer please contact Stuart Cooper at Wagstaff Recruitment directly or send your CV to apply. Please be assured your application will be treated in the strictest confidence