|Job Ref:||204719189||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Shropshire||City:||Telford||Address:||Post Code:||TF4||Salary:||£45000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:31|
This leading manufacturer of original equipment for the Automotive Industry, are recruiting NOW for a Project / Process Engineer from an Assembly Manufacturing background, within a 1st or 2nd Tier Automotive Company. As Project / Process Enigneer, you will work on projects and identify improvements for existing products and processes, working closely with the shop floor. This position is a fixed term 9-12 month contract, offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package to work for this global automotive organisation.|
This position is available immediately, so if you are interested, please "apply now"
Have been established over 20 years
Have a world class production facility utilising state of the art technology
Produce over 5 million parts per annum
Supply a renowned client base across Europe and Worldwide
Offer a good benefits package including pension, life assurance, health plan, subsidised facilities etc.
You will deliver NPI projects and improve existing products and processes through the use of process flow, control plans, PFMEA tools, ensuring production engineering strategic goals and objectives are met
As Project / Process Engineer, you will:-
- Ensure process controls are clearly defined and implemented fully.
- Able to lead on P-FMEA and control plans.
- Monitor daily scrap and defect levels and provide analysis.
- Support customer visits with capacity explanation and equipment demonstration.
- Generate manuals and training for new equipment and processes.
- To investigate customer complaints and introduce permanent countermeasures.
- Identify and implement TPM schedules to machinery, jigs and fixtures.
- Maintain capacity and factory layout plans to optimise material flow.
- Lead operation ratio improvement of machines and processes.
- Analyse labour loss ratio and implement improvement plans.
- Define long term Kaizen plans and monitor achievement.
- Identify and implement net time improvement plans and confirm work configuration.
- Create detail specifications for machinery ensuring standardisation and compliance.
- Conduct capability studies on new and existing products and processes.
- Co-ordinate the introduction of new products and processes through trial builds and training.
The Suitable Candidate:-
- Experienced Project Engineer, Production Engineer or Process Engineer from a high volume / fast moving Assembly Manufacturing background
- From a 1st or 2nd tier Automotive company
- Experience of leading NPI projects
- Experience in PFMEA`s and Control Plans, analysing capability studies, and implementing process control in manufacturing
- Demonstrable experience in defect / cost reductions (working with the shop floor identifying cost and process time savings)
- Able to analyse how to build a part, and identify any possible problems that could occur, and implement countermeasures
- Able to lead cross functional improvement teams
- Able to provide data and analysis to management in terms of production and Kaizen activity
- Team player with a professional approach and ability to listen to, and communicate at all levels.
- Self starter with practical problem solving and fault finding skills
- HND/ HNC qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
Jenrick Engineering always has a wide range of contract and permanent engineering jobs available within the UK