|Job Ref:||204719148||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North West London||Address:||Post Code:||NW1||Salary:||£19000 - £23000/annum||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:31|
The company is one of the UK's leading independent entertainment lighting and rigging providers.|
Their speciality is hiring equipment for use in the Rock and Roll, Concert Touring and Theatre industries, both in the UK and across the globe. They pride themselves on our excellent customer service and high quality equipment.
Our team is rapidly expanding and an opportunity has arisen for a Cables Technician, who is a self-motivated individual with a high level of attention to detail.
* The testing and repair of power and data cable.
* Stock Management of all cable, including picking, checking in, stock control, bar code scanning.
* Fault finding and assembly work in relation to all power and data cable.
* Maintaining pre-built looms, including looming and de-looming.
* Measuring and labelling of power and data cable.
* As directed by Management, planning and prioritising work activities of warehouse casuals and local crew.
* Cleaning cable, cases, equipment, aluminium trusses
* Loading and tipping equipment
* Warehouse house keeping
* Stock Management of equipment
Standard Companywide Responsibilities:
* Any other duties as required / authorised by your Line Manager / Line Management reporting line.
* Comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
* Comply with all Policies and Procedures.
* Load and Unload Trucks, when required.
* Ensuring the Warehouse and work areas are kept in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
* To ensure that all flight cases are cleaned, maintained in line with company standards, labelled and stored appropriately.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
* Practical experience. Minimum of two year's experience in a similar role
* Electrical safety knowledge and appreciation
* Knowledge of 3 phase power distribution and data cable requirements of equipment
* Soldering and wiring skills
* Be self-motivated and capable of working independently and part of a team
* Be hard working and reliable
* Enjoy taking pride in their work
* Ability to work paid overtime during busy periods, when required.
* Excellent attention to detail and discipline.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Autonomy and a proactive work ethic.
* Excellent time keeping.
* Customer focused.
* Ability to take ownership and accountability.
* Experience within the lighting / entertainment industry.
* Electrical wiring qualification
Company Benefits Include:
* Free parking
* Cash Back Health Care Scheme
* Private healthcare (Bupa)
* 30 days holiday (inclusive of statutory UK bank holidays)
* Pension Scheme
Thank you for your interest in this role. All successful applications will be contacted within 5 working days. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we do ask for your patience to wait to hear from the consultant rather than to call us directly.
If you have not heard after 5 working days, then unfortunately we were unable to consider your application on this occasion