|Job Ref:||204719042||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North West London||Address:||Post Code:||NW1||Salary:||£23000 - £31000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 11:18|
The company is one of the UK's leading independent entertainment lighting and rigging providers.|
Our speciality is hiring equipment for use in the Rock and Roll, Concert Touring and Theatre industries, both in the UK and across the globe. They pride themselves on their excellent customer service and high quality equipment.
The team is rapidly expanding and an opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated individual with who is looking for a dynamic warehouse based role within friendly and results orientated team.
* Service and repair moving lights equipment both within the warehouse and off site when required.
* To update the Equipment Team when a unit is out of action, so that this can be highlighted as unavailable stock.
* To liaise with the Parts Team and advise them of all parts that require ordering.
* To mentor the other Moving Lights Technicians on small repairs and fault finding.
* To assist in the portable appliance testing (PAT), for all Moving Lights and LED fixtures, to ensure that they are within their test period, so that the relevant test certificates can be produced as and when required.
* To maintain and prepare moving lights equipment for hire, including cleaning, lamp checks, testing, software updates, addressing of units and bar-code scanning (using WMS).
* To ensure that all fixtures are prepared with the correct required fixings for the specified job.
* To provide technical support to the company crew and other visiting production crew.
* To comply with the Checking in Procedure which involves fixture and fixings count, as well as reporting of any damaged fixtures and responding to the four hour check emails from the back door.
* Reviewing of prep sheets or WMS to establish the Fixture type and count required for each job.
* To cross reference the plot / patch against the prep sheet / WMS.
* Ensuring that the standard of the sub hired moving lights meets the company's requirements.
Standard Team Leader / Wider Management Team Responsibilities:
* The management team have a shared responsibility to ensure that the company continues to be successful by directing their teams to achieve both Company and Team goals.
* The management team have the responsibility to ensure that their staff have the training and the resources necessary for their role.
Standard Companywide Responsibilities:
* Any other duties as required / authorised by your Line Manager / Line Management reporting line.
* Comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
* Comply with all Policies and Procedures.
* Load and Unload Trucks, when required.
* Ensuring the Warehouse and work areas are kept in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
* To ensure that all flight cases are cleaned, maintained in line with company standards, labelled and stored appropriately.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
* High level working knowledge of moving lights to include: Martin, Clay Paky and Varilite.
* High level of both written and verbal communication.
* Ability to take ownership / accountability.
* Ability to work on their own or as part of a team.
* High level of attention to detail Customer focused.
* Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft office.
* Ability to work overtime when required.
* Understanding that you may be required to work at different company sites.
* Previous experience in managing or leading a team.
* Experience within the lighting / entertainment industry.
* Proven experience within a rental warehouse environment.
* Training / certificates in relation to Martin, Clay Paky and Varilite fixtures.
* Basic fault finding capabilities.
Company Benefits Include:
* Free on site parking.
* Cash Back Health Care Scheme.
* Private healthcare (Bupa).
* 30 days holiday (inclusive of statutory UK bank holidays).
* Pension Scheme.
* Discretionary annual company performance bonus.
Thank you for your interest in this role. All successful applications will be contacted within 5 working days. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we do ask for your patience to wait to hear from the consultant rather than to call us directly.
If you have not heard after 5 working days, then unfortunately we were unable to consider your application on this occasion