|Job Ref:||204718951||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£65000 - £75000/annum car allowance||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:24|
Financial Commercial Controller, Southampton £65-75k + car allowance|
My client is a specialist business who is highly profitable and successful in their field and is built on it's ethics and principles.
As an exclusive partner we are seeking to recruit a Financial Commercial Controller to join the senior management in a number 1 finance position.
Managing a small team your responsibilities will include:
* With the General Manager build and deliver the 5 year business plan to the Board of Directors.
* Deliver, monitor and control the business plan.
* Evaluate business improvement opportunities.
* Manage procurement to obtain best value for money.
* Attend quarterly board meetings and provide financial updates.
* Oversee the preparation of financial reports for the Board, Management, Lenders and Shareholders.
* Financial management including responsibility for tax management and compliance.
* Active monitoring of compliance with the contractual obligations of the company.
* Lead the relationship with the agent bank, lenders and shareholder loan providers.
* Corporate Governance Procedures of the organisation.
* Provide guidance and support for the General Manager
* Write and deliver board papers and presentations.
* Manage customer relationships and operation of major contracts.
* Oversee day to day commercial decisions.
* From time to time negotiate major contracts.
* Ensure the company is adequately insured.
We are looking for a senior manager; this is a key role as the principal person for financial and commercial aspects of the company and directly reports to the General Manager. As well as using your accountancy skills you will need to be commercially aware and able to negotiate and manage complex contracts. You will:
* Be ready to rise to a challenge.
* Ideally have a strong academic background (graduate level)
* Have a professional accounting qualification (ideally CIMA or ACCA) and strong technical ability.
* Have post-qualification experience in a financial management role. Preferable experience includes:
* Working in an engineering lead industry
* Experience of complex agreements and dealing with financial institutions
* Be able to multi task and motivate a team
* Be able to generate ideas and have proven business acumen,
* Be capable of addressing issues and identifying when support is required.
* Have knowledge of IFRS.
* Candidates should be ambitious, career focussed and confident - always seeking to be challenged.
This is an ideal role for someone who is looking to take the next step in their finance career who offers strong business acumen.
This company offers a strong benefits package and a friendly working environment. They support their staff as individuals and as a team to deliver their best.
Please apply in confidence for consideration.
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy