|Job Ref:||204718620||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wales||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:24|
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB|
- Responsible for creating, monitoring and updating individual project and combined portfolio programme of works for Transmission Network engineering and construction projects using standard and established IT tools. Providing regular and ad-hoc reports on project performance to assist and deliver projects on-time and within budget whilst achieving excellent customer service.
- Support own and other associated department staff with Programme related works and implement the use of standard programme/ planning tools.
- Analyse for accuracy, reliability and contractual requirements; plans (delays, float, critical paths), drawings and specifications
- Prepare a plan of sequence of tasks with completion dates for each phase of each project (such as Procurement, Environmental, Construction and Outages)
- Advise on existing subcontractor's construction plans and any modifications required
- Ensure inspection, testing and delivery to site for materials and equipment ties in with the programme of work
- Prepare work flow charts for individual departments and compile detailed deadline reports for each team
- Responsible for managing the project programme/schedule of a number of projects
- Creation of new programme of works based on the standard models defined in our client. Support to Project Managers on the development of new programmes.
- Liaise with Project Managers to obtain the information periodically, updating the programmes and feeding back with progress reports.
- Liaise with client representatives to ensure both parties are working from the same up to date and accurate programmes.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating IT tools to report project status to both parties.
- Coordinate with own and other associated department staff to deliver a consistent approach to programme management.
- Providing programme outputs for updating other associated reporting/management tools.
- Attend and input to regular internal and external meetings providing reports and programme views where required.
- Support the preparation of the annual investment plan for both clients and our client
- Produce monthly and ad-hoc reports for portfolio performance and other aspects as required.
- Improve and encourage the use of programme / planning tools
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of main configuration and general arrangements of transmission networks infrastructures e.g. overhead lines and cable
- Significant experience scheduling/programming/planning project and portfolio works using IT and software tools: MS Project as a must
- Significant experience planning/programming engineering and construction works in a portfolio environment
- Significant experience of MS Office tools: Excel, Access, etc
- Communication skills
- Ability to prepare reports with information relevant to multi-disciplinary staff at various levels
- Ability to implement and maintain quality assurance processes
- Proven experience working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-department environment and able to obtain information from parties out with your direct control
- Proven ability to lead and work in a team environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Degree/HND in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Skills in use of Microsoft Office
- A broad understanding of our client and the market the business operates in
- Knowledge of major transmission engineering and construction projects
- Significant experience in programme planning / scheduling in an engineering and construction project portfolio environment
- Significant experience of Microsoft Project
- Degree/HND in relevant Planning/Engineering discipline or equivalent experience