|Job Ref:||204718615||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||West Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||WF17||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:24|
My clients ability to design unique products for specific project solutions has recently created a fantastic opportunity for an experienced DESIGN MANAGER / PROJECT MANAGER (HVAC) to develop and lead the Design department based in West Yorkshire.|
The position involves developing products and managing the department, so you must have the ability to be a successful hands-on leader.
The position will also involve; design, estimating, quality and project management of cooling and associated control systems for ventilation and air handling systems. Experience of such systems in large scale applications would be a major advantage.
* Day to day management of design and production of air handling units, including workload between existing project engineers and the estimating team to ensure customer?s needs are met, and projects are delivered on time.
* Technical leadership and mentoring of the team of Application Engineers.
* Ensuring high standards of customer service are maintained.
* Accounting activities within the department, ensuring projects are invoiced and future forecasts of cash flow based on delivery dates and order levels are reported to the accounts team.
* Answering technical queries from customers on ongoing projects and responding in a timely manner.
* Design and estimation of AHU?s using ?Visual AHU? design package.
* Site surveys and client meetings to either negotiate orders or progress ongoing projects.
* Working within the companies ISO 9001 management system.
* Contributing towards the development of the company?s product line either on new design elements or looking at the cost of the products and any buying improvements.
* Working with the company?s sales team in providing information to assist in negotiation and closing of orders.
* When work goes out invoice the client and update on the invoice forecast sheet.
* Attend works production meetings and advise on manufacture / delivery schedules.
* Attend individual and team meetings, report on department progress and set / action goals.
* Advise on upcoming labour requirements to the works administrator.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Supervisory / man-management as well as refrigeration design experience is essential.
* You must be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and deal with problems professionally when they arise.
* You will be qualified in an Engineering discipline
* Have a background in HVAC Manufacturing / Engineering environment
* Have experience of the HVAC markets / industries.
A competitive salary package is offered to the successful individual.
* Contributory Pension Scheme.
* Private Healthcare Scheme.
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
* Onsite parking