|Job Ref:||204718435||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Bradford||Address:||Post Code:||BD1||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:24|
Due to continued development and growth, my client currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER to join the team at their manufacturing plant in Bradford, West Yorkshire.|
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will be responsible for supporting the business to ensure that products produced meet required quality standards to minimize quality costs and maximize customer satisfaction while ensuring that standard processes and procedures are adhered to. Responsible for identifying and raising quality issues and supporting their resolution to ensure zero impact to the customer. Work in a cross functional team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasize defect prevention, reduction in process variation and waste elimination to support and engender a culture of continuous improvement. Manage customer specific requirements and support the development and maintenance of the quality management system.
* Support the management of all quality related issues within the site manufacturing team (internal, supplier, customer and customer warranty issues included).
* Participate in and lead the identification of root cause for quality related issues and support the development and implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
* Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues speedily and efficiently.
* Carry out internal system, process and product auditing.
* Develop and maintain quality documentation including process control plans, operating procedures, standard operations, PFMEAs, process flowcharts and any other quality related documents and forms.
* Monitor and report key quality related KPIs at department and site level.
* Stop production in the event of unacceptable product / process conditions.
* Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the ISO/TS16949 Quality Management System.
* Undertake project and project management activities as directed by Senior Management.
* Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement and quality assurance.
* Participate in cross functional team activity for new product launch.
* Keep abreast of developments within the automotive manufacturing sector particularly with respect to quality.
* Support and lead process improvement initiatives.
* Write technical reports and present at project meetings and to customers as required.
* Achieve agreed performance goals and objectives.
* Plan project work and report on progress as required.
* Lead, supervise and support other quality team members in the metallurgy and metrology labs and ensure progress of those departments is in line with operational and management system priorities (e.g. monitoring of calibration activities, performance of product and process checks at the prescribed frequencies etc.)
* Train people within own functional area and in other areas such as manufacturing.
* Communicate effectively throughout the supply chain, paying particular attention to the management of customer relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Degree or similar qualification in a relevant Manufacturing / Engineering discipline.
* Automotive quality assurance experience.
* Previous change management experience.
* Significant experience in automotive problem solving tools e.g. 5 why, fishbone diagram, A3, 8D, PPS, etc.
* Good knowledge and understanding of ISO / TS16949.
* Knowledge of measurement techniques and equipment calibration.
* Lean six sigma qualification desirable.
* PC literate in MS Office and Minitab.
* MRP knowledge desirable.
* Automotive core tools knowledge, ISO / TS16949 audit qualified preferred.
* Methodical and logical thinker with strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to make decisions under time pressure.
* Full driving licence & Passport.
* Willing to travel internationally on business when required