|Job Ref:||204718145||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Chippenham||Address:||Post Code:||SN15||Post Date:||02/10/2016 04:31|
BMR Solutions is currently looking to recruit for a Stores Supervisor to work for our client who is a widely recognised engineering / manufacturing company based in Chippenham.|
Job Title: Stores Supervisor
Job Type: Permanent
Key Skills & Experience: Stores, Supervisor, Supervision, Engineering, Manufacturing, Fork Lift, Warehouse, Logistics, MRP, ERP, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
The Stores Supervisor will carry out normal day to day operational duties and, in addition, will be required to support and work closely with the Team Leader - Logistics towards achieving the quality, cost and delivery objectives of the business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Make efficient use of available resources to satisfy output requirements and assist in identifying areas of improvement
* Ensure that all work carried out is in line with Process Instructions
* Actively promote good communications between all shifts and maintain links with all Stores' customers.
* Collect accurate and timely information on holidays, hours worked, absences, etc.
* Conduct Return to Work interviews following sick absence
* Support and motivate the Stores team through appropriate training and guidance
* Understand the requirements for Health & Safety and Emergency Procedures, particularly those identified in the Occupational Health & Safety Management System
* Build strong relationships in order to liaise and interact effectively with all departments.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum 5 GCSE including passes in Maths and English
* Fork Lift Truck qualification desirable
* Previous Stores experience essential
* Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
* A willingness to question processes and look for improvements
* An understanding of MRP and ERP systems desirable but not essential
* Competent in Excel & Word with an understanding of PowerPoint
* Excellent organisational skills
* Flexible and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Able to work using own initiative and with methodical approach.
BMR Solutions acts in the capacity of an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.
For similar opportunities please contact BMR Solutions