|Job Ref:||204723457||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Stratford||Address:||Salary:||£34000 - £36000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 03:23|
Are you a Gas Service Engineer with a minimum of 4 years' experience in the gas industry? Do you have experience attending service/breakdown calls, completing repairs, commissioning and maintenance work to heating/plumbing and gas systems? You must work well under pressure, be able to self-manage workloads and be flexible enough to work occasional overtime.|
To carry out service, repair, commissioning and maintenance work to heating/plumbing & gas systems.
* Attend service/breakdown calls as directed by the Gas Service Supervisor/Gas Service Manager as per daily worksheet. Ensure sufficient spares are carried in service van together with the necessary tools and equipment to carry out all tasks associated with the role and to avoid call-backs.
* Be able to self-manage and arrange workloads/schedules if necessary in order to attend to emergency calls.
* Keep up-to-date with technical developments on heating/plumbing equipment such as boilers/gas regulations etc.
* Complete a report for every service/breakdown visit on the PDA provided and send through to the office after every job. At the end of every working day, call office to ensure all work has been received and closed down.
* To be available at all times via a mobile telephone during normal working hours and during appointed week/s of call out rota.
* Work additional hours where necessary to complete a job, including your participating in the Out of Hours call rota.
* Commission and heat test new heating systems installed by the Company when required.
* Completion of all relevant commissioning or test documentation sheets and certificates and ensures that all systems are left in a safe and secure condition.
* Give verbal instruction on the use of Heating Systems and ancillary items to building occupiers/tenants ensuring they fully understand how the controls etc. work and make sure they have appropriate printed instructions.
* Assist in the training and development of trainees/apprentices.
* Have a good all round knowledge of health & safety practises and be able to work in a safe manner being responsible for your own, trainee's and residents safety where necessary.
* Be happy to work as part of a team and have good communication skills.
Skills & Qualifications:
CENWAT, CCN1, CKR1, CPA1